Three Cocks, Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

:lol: It'll be one of the dickheads from the bus lobby for sure, ignoring the fact that a passenger train is far more environmentally friendly than a convoy of buses. The bus lobby's latest brilliant idea is to convert one of Wellington's railway lines into a single-lane busway. Let's just say that proposal was laughed at and swiftly dismissed.

As it should be. Buses are useful for general city commuting, nothing long. Seriously, fuck buses.

coolian2 said:
Oh my god...Celine Dion.

This. Isn't. Happening.

Theme from Titanic coming up....

:laugh:

:lmao: :lmao:

Followed by some bogan with a messiah complex as Scott Stapp?

coolian2 said:

As it should be. Buses are useful for general city commuting, nothing long. Seriously, fuck buses.

Agreed entirely. I think buses are only justifiable on lowly patronised routes. Basically, I believe all transport modes should be co-ordinated rather than competing.

Planes: Predominantly long haul routes, short routes where time is of the essence, and routes over water or where land transport is clearly rather impractical.
Rail: Short and medium haul intercity, long haul luxury/tourist, and urban commuting.
Trams: High use inner suburban and city commuting.
Ferries: Pretty fucking obvious.
Buses: Outer suburban and rural routes without sufficient traffic to justify a railway or tramway, feeding the rail network (or, where applicable, ferries/planes).

coolian2 said:

A 28 year old from Waihi.....it's possible!

Although he doesn't look like a bogan.

Waihi? Aren't they all hippies? He'll probably be David Gilmour or Roger Waters.

Axver said:

Agreed entirely. I think buses are only justifiable on lowly patronised routes. Basically, I believe all transport modes should be co-ordinated rather than competing.

Planes: Predominantly long haul routes, short routes where time is of the essence, and routes over water or where land transport is clearly rather impractical.
Rail: Short and medium haul intercity, long haul luxury/tourist, and urban commuting.
Trams: High use inner suburban and city commuting.
Ferries: Pretty fucking obvious.
Buses: Outer suburban and rural routes without sufficient traffic to justify a railway or tramway, feeding the rail network (or, where applicable, ferries/planes).

Now you're just being sensible.

coolian2 said:

Now you're just being sensible.

And if any government enacted legislation to encourage sensible transport planning, they'd be called authoritarian or communist.

coolian2 said:
Again it's a case of him sounding alright, but not as someone impersonating Johnny Cash.

:lol:

I must admit, I'm disappointed. I hoped for hippy-fied lulz out of a Waihi guy.

coolian2 said:
Debbie Harry, One Way or Another.

Never heard of her. Though Wikipedia says she's Blondie's lead singer, so I guess I have heard of her.

coolian2 said:

And with a pending National government we'll all be fucking walking everywhere.

Or driving petrol-guzzling SUVs ...

I take it Labour's still fucked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom