Three Cocks, Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

I am now even more wary of loading Cricinfo than I was before.

On a scale of Fucked to All Blacks Beaten By Munster, just how bad is it?

Given the level of expectation, i would say probably the level of NZ Cricket Team struggling against county side (it really is part of my scale!)

But yeah, just a tick above fucked.

coolian2 said:
No matter how many people i have to climb over, i go mental when i don't get a window. I just HAVE to see outside.

Also, a landing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqD3D2WpYK0

I hate not having the aisle. I like being free to get up whenever I feel like without hassling anyone. Though if I'm travelling with people I know, I tend to go for the window.

And that guy gave a fair speech on landing!

ian those are like the most boring youtube videos i've ever seen

i'm still up, cause i discovered that when i paid someone to reformat my external to mac, they lost a 75 gig folder of movies "to watch" meaning 3-4 years of me collecting movies that i wanted to see, with no other list of it....so yeah, i'm fucking pissed, and my network's down, so reconstructing it is a bitch.

coolian2 said:

Given the level of expectation, i would say probably the level of NZ Cricket Team struggling against county side (it really is part of my scale!)

But yeah, just a tick above fucked.

1/324?! Oh good non-existent God. We're fucked, but at least it should end in a draw. Look at who's on our team - or isn't! What a bunch of no-names.

Axver said:

1/324?! Oh good non-existent God. We're fucked, but at least it should end in a draw. Look at who's on our team - or isn't! What a bunch of no-names.

I really don't think we'd do much better with the names, to be perfectly honest.

Cricket here is fucked, and just after a report comes out from Sky TV showing rugby viewing figures are down 22% while cricket ratings are up 21%.

I may have those percentages arse about face, but nonetheless.....go cricket, as fucked as it is!

Varitek said:
ian those are like the most boring youtube videos i've ever seen

I promise you that I can link you to Kiwi railway videos that are even more boring. At least Ian's second one had that speech.

coolian2 said:

I really don't think we'd do much better with the names, to be perfectly honest.

Cricket here is fucked, and just after a report comes out from Sky TV showing rugby viewing figures are down 22% while cricket ratings are up 21%.

I may have those percentages arse about face, but nonetheless.....go cricket, as fucked as it is!

I'm stunned we've only managed to take one wicket though. We're utterly fucked for the series against the Poms.

Is that viewing figure just for union, or both rugby codes? And I can't say I'm surprised, since rugby is reaching saturation level and they need to tone things back a bit. Or just stop fucking up the NPC; I'm not even too upset I can't watch it any more.

Axver said:

I promise you that I can link you to Kiwi railway videos that are even more boring. At least Ian's second one had that speech.

I've only got one significantly interesting video because of the view so far...every other fucking time i get dudded with the plane landing from the wrong end or crap weather or no window seat (i'd have had SUCH A COOL VIDEO from arriving in Wellington if i'd had a window seat).

This is the only really, really cool one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1u-9aZvdVg

Axver said:

I'm stunned we've only managed to take one wicket though. We're utterly fucked for the series against the Poms.

Is that viewing figure just for union, or both rugby codes? And I can't say I'm surprised, since rugby is reaching saturation level and they need to tone things back a bit. Or just stop fucking up the NPC; I'm not even too upset I can't watch it any more.

I'd like to know if the pitch is a road. I'm mildly alarmed that at this time of year we only took one wicket in a day against a fucking county team.

The viewing figures are only for the Super 14 this year.

coolian2 said:

I've only got one significantly interesting video because of the view so far...every other fucking time i get dudded with the plane landing from the wrong end or crap weather or no window seat (i'd have had SUCH A COOL VIDEO from arriving in Wellington if i'd had a window seat).

This is the only really, really cool one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1u-9aZvdVg

That is really awesome. Shit, I love coming into Wellington from the north. It looks so good.

coolian2 said:

I'd like to know if the pitch is a road. I'm mildly alarmed that at this time of year we only took one wicket in a day against a fucking county team.

The viewing figures are only for the Super 14 this year.

:lol:

Ah, right. My saturation point point (yes, I meant to say that) stands, I think - WTF is with starting the Super 14 in February? It took about three weeks for me to really start giving a shit.

Axver said:

:lol:

Ah, right. My saturation point point (yes, I meant to say that) stands, I think - WTF is with starting the Super 14 in February? It took about three weeks for me to really start giving a shit.

It also doesn't help that the quality of rugby is going to hell. Seriously, fix that shit before adding games in Hong Kong for fucks sake.

Axver said:

That is really awesome. Shit, I love coming into Wellington from the north. It looks so good.

Last Wednesday there wasn't a cloud in the sky, you could see significant amounts of the South Island and it was dead clear...i could make out everything along the waterfront. But alas, i had the aisle.

coolian2 said:

It also doesn't help that the quality of rugby is going to hell. Seriously, fix that shit before adding games in Hong Kong for fucks sake.

I honestly haven't seen enough of this year's Super 14 to say much either way about the quality of the rugby. I'll make a point of seeing a game if the Hurricanes reach the semis, but that's it. I can't believe I can watch the IPL live on free-to-air but can't even get more than about 30 seconds of Super 14 highlights in the nightly news.

And the games in Hong Kong idea would be mindnumbingly stupid no matter what.

coolian2 said:

Last Wednesday there wasn't a cloud in the sky, you could see significant amounts of the South Island and it was dead clear...i could make out everything along the waterfront. But alas, i had the aisle.

You know what you need to do? The flight from Wellington to Nelson - or any similarly located destination - just to film the trip over the Marlborough Sounds. On a clear day, it is just AMAZING. Since it's such a short flight, I always go for the window when I do that one.

coolian2 said:
Oh fuck yes, Stars in their Eyes is on tonight.

I'm looking forward to this.

So, are we making bets on what stars are going to be imitated poorly tonight?

Axver said:

You know what you need to do? The flight from Wellington to Nelson - or any similarly located destination - just to film the trip over the Marlborough Sounds. On a clear day, it is just AMAZING. Since it's such a short flight, I always go for the window when I do that one.

I have a list a mile long of flights i want to do here, and it's right at the top.

Turboprop flights = :drool: :drool:

And more environmentally friendly too.

Axver said:

So, are we making bets on what stars are going to be imitated poorly tonight?

Why not? I'm expecting Elton John to pop up tonight. He's (well, you know what i mean) been featured in all of the bus stop advertising and wasn't on last week although Freddie Mercury, who has featured as well appeared last week.

So, Elton John at the very least. I can't say i expected Shakira though, so we may be in for an interesting night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom