Three Cocks, Wales Superthread - Page 41 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2008, 04:49 PM   #601
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:00 PM
oh and lol, the high school i went to is now so ghetto, a couple years after i graduated, someone put a bomb (obviously just a little one) through that same vice principal's window. i thought it was karma for him letting his daughter and her buddies slide for buying research papers off the internet

i just remembered too what happened was they all got a 50 for their paper, which of course isn't a great grade but still, they all passed. i was like uhhh, you copy someone's work, you get a 0. not a 50. wait till they get to college where if you plagiarize, you get a 0 AND get kicked out of school.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:49 PM   #602
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

yeah, i had the same teacher the year before too, and helped her out during my free period sometimes (yes i was a teacher's pet lol, but she was really nice) and she complained to me about it and how she thought it was unfair and she would've rather failed them all. so at least i knew it wasn't her choice to give them a second chance.
Yeah, didn't sound like it would've been. I'm kind of a kiss-ass, too, but it's hard no to be. The class is easier with the teacher on your side.

Old 04-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #603
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by unico
research papers are a pain in the ass because theres a specific template to stick to. but i do find it fun sometimes because you're bringing together other people's research and tying it together with another thought. it's fun when you discover new relationships with your own surveys.
yeah, i never hated any of the papers i wrote because i got to choose good topics, but i just hate the templates. i'd just much rather have been able to write the paper and cite my works like a traditional essay. but given how many kids in high school buy papers online and shit, i can see why they hold their hands and make them turn in cards, drafts, sources, etc.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:52 PM   #604
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

I'm kind of glad we went through step-by-step though. It made it a fairly easy process. I'm just a procrastinator and put everything off until the night before it's due, but end up getting it done anyway. Someday it's going to epically fail, and I have a feeling that it'll be soon.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:57 PM   #605
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
Yeah, didn't sound like it would've been. I'm kind of a kiss-ass, too, but it's hard no to be. The class is easier with the teacher on your side.
exactly. plus, being really nice to the teacher has its advantages. my chemistry teacher knew i knew the material so well he let me sleep in class (my previous class was close by so i'd get there, read the chapter, and do my homework before class even started!) while he taught everyone else. my biology teacher probably helped me out (srsly, i hate biology) in ways that had anyone known, he would've been fired. sometimes when placing the test on my desk, he'd hand me the answer key too
Old 04-29-2008, 04:59 PM   #606
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

Ax, yes, but unsure about Screwtape. He doesn't seem to care for my list this time.

You know, because my concept is lacking...
False. I like both your playlists. I honestly don't know who I'll choose.

By the way I stopped telling people who and why I voted because you keep making fun of how I vote.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:03 PM   #607
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

yeah, i never hated any of the papers i wrote because i got to choose good topics, but i just hate the templates. i'd just much rather have been able to write the paper and cite my works like a traditional essay. but given how many kids in high school buy papers online and shit, i can see why they hold their hands and make them turn in cards, drafts, sources, etc.
i've never understood the point in buying papers online. did they really think the teachers wouldn't notice??
Old 04-29-2008, 05:07 PM   #608
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

False. I like both your playlists. I honestly don't know who I'll choose.

By the way I stopped telling people who and why I voted because you keep making fun of how I vote.
Screwtape, there is a difference between criticizing someone and making fun of them. I questioned how you were voting because it's not a concept tournament like Symphonic Island. I thought you were placing too much emphasis on a concept and not as much on the songs and how they worked as a cohesive package. That is not making fun of you.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:08 PM   #609
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
i've never understood the point in buying papers online. did they really think the teachers wouldn't notice??
i know, especially since they always say they have tools to find that stuff out. like what, they want to call their bluff? they think their teacher is too stupid or not tech savvy enough to know where to look?
Old 04-29-2008, 05:15 PM   #610
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:

Screwtape, there is a difference between criticizing someone and making fun of them. I questioned how you were voting because it's not a concept tournament like Symphonic Island. I thought you were placing too much emphasis on a concept and not as much on the songs and how they worked as a cohesive package. That is not making fun of you.
Sarcastically making light of how I vote is making fun not criticizing. I can vote however I want. It is a hell of a lot better than the way most people do.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:24 PM   #611
Blue Crack Addict

hey screwtape, did you talk to the librarian today?
Old 04-29-2008, 05:26 PM   #612
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
hey screwtape, did you talk to the librarian today?
Not yet. I will in about an hour. I'm going to talk to her before I go to class. The library and college are in the same building.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #613
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Exactly. It's good-natured ribbing, if anything.

Quote:

Sarcastically making light of how I vote is making fun not criticizing. I can vote however I want. It is a hell of a lot better than the way most people do.
You can, and that's totally cool, but other people are allowed to vote how they want to. Even incorrectly.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:33 PM   #614
The Male

Local Time: 07:00 PM
Quote:

I can vote however I want. It is a hell of a lot better than the way most people do.
Snobbiest post of the day AND most hilarious. Coincidence?

Now.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:38 PM   #615
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

Snobbiest post of the day AND most hilarious. Coincidence?
I admit it is snobbish. I think however few people assess and give the kind of feedback I do. Re-read my posts from the first round. I put a lot into giving positive feedback.

Tags
superthread