Three Cocks, Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:
DI probably won't start again til a new U2 album's out, though, right?

Probably. You should go back and see how active DIs 1 and 2 were during U2 season.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:rant: i wanna start a new one like, tomorrow.

well not LITERALLY tomorrow, but you know.

I think we need at least a month in between, so as not to slight the winner (Phanan).

Last edited by a moderator:
LemonMacPhisto said:

Probably. You should go back and see how active DIs 1 and 2 were during U2 season.

=more people online.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Same here. :up:

There's the one collab with L-Mel that's been done for a few weeks and a new list I started cooking up last week.
:drool: what direction are you going with yours?

and lol, out of ten songs, three of them are 80s songs. how sad. one of them says 86 but it's just the album release date, it's really from 72.

the tourist said:

=more people online.

Exactly.

DI2 still is my favorite tourney so far. This one's been interesting, too, to say the least. :lol:

coolian2 said:
I was going to ask if Screwtape had been around since the joke playlist arguement, but i see he was here earlier.

Yeah. Ian, you really should get in on the next DI. You could collaborate with someone. :shrug:

the tourist said:
I think we need at least a month in between, so as not to slight the winner (Phanan).
oh i know, i'm just impatient. i think we waited too long in between #s 3 and 4 though, although that's because we did the prog and mini ones too. but for people like me who didn't want to participate in them (mainly because i knew if i did, my lists would suck, even moreso than my regular ones amirite) it seemed like forever in between tournaments.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Exactly.

DI2 still is my favorite tourney so far. This one's been interesting, too, to say the least. :lol:

Yeah.... it's my only experience with it so far. My first 2013 posts were mostly all in EYKIW and the tour section. Then I took 2 years off. The rest has come in the last 6 months.

KhanadaRhodes said:

oh i know, i'm just impatient. i think we waited too long in between #s 3 and 4 though, although that's because we did the prog and mini ones too. but for people like me who didn't want to participate in them (mainly because i knew if i did, my lists would suck, even moreso than my regular ones amirite) it seemed like forever in between tournaments.

One every three to five months would be ideal (one of those months to compile a list, of course).

How long is PFan gone for, anyway? And who wants to bet on weather Varitek passed out yet?

KhanadaRhodes said:

So that means we should have a sign-up 2 months after this one ends (so mid-July).

KhanadaRhodes said:

This one took forever and should've started sooner, but the Artist Survivor threads kept it on the ground, I think.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:drool: what direction are you going with yours?

and lol, out of ten songs, three of them are 80s songs. how sad. one of them says 86 but it's just the album release date, it's really from 72.

The one with L-Mel is decidedly dark. First half's got some rap, electronica, grunge, while the second half is more mellowed out and acoustic. It had a tedious concept attached to it, but we're probably averting from that after some discussion and my hesitance toward concepts in general.

The one I've been working on right now is a progression from my DI4 list. I've been trying to incorporate more genres into it and use more new artists than before. It's got sections that I'm really in love with, but it's just a matter of trying to fit them altogether it seems. If you'd like me to send you a screenshot of the rough cut, I'd be more than happy to.

Good to hear you've started yours, too. I think your current list was my favorite of the ones that you've made. :up:

RavenBlue said:
Maybe by the time the next DI rolls around, I'll have high speed internet :cute:

Then I'd actually be able to, you know, upload songs and such :wink:

:tsk:

LemonMacPhisto said:
This one took forever and should've started sooner, but the Artist Survivor threads kept it on the ground, I think.

The one with L-Mel is decidedly dark. First half's got some rap, electronica, grunge, while the second half is more mellowed out and acoustic. It had a tedious concept attached to it, but we're probably averting from that after some discussion and my hesitance toward concepts in general.

The one I've been working on right now is a progression from my DI4 list. I've been trying to incorporate more genres into it and use more new artists than before. It's got sections that I'm really in love with, but it's just a matter of trying to fit them altogether it seems. If you'd like me to send you a screenshot of the rough cut, I'd be more than happy to.

Good to hear you've started yours, too. I think your current list was my favorite of the ones that you've made. :up:
yeah, there's been a lot of them cropping up. not that it's a bad thing, but you know.

and ooh, that's cool. and sure, you can send me a screenshot :drool: that's awesome that you're doing a progression from this one. mine definitely won't be (at least not as of now), i'm shooting for my list to be as unpredictable and possibily unaccessible as possible. well, maybe not unaccessible as it's not like everyone will hate the artists, but it will probably be unpopular. which is good. and thanks! :) this has definitely been my favourite that i've made so far too. it's been the only one i've made with a theme/story, etc., and at least i think the most diverse music selection for my playlists so far :lol: which is kinda sad.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I think we'll see a lot of team-ups next time around.

Not from me. Not yet. Not with only one solo effort.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: that'd be cool, i'd love to see more people from this thread participate :D

We could expand it to 24 entries (6 people per group, with 2 per group advancing).

i dunno about collaborating. i guess if someone came to me and said they'd want to work with me i'd consider it. but i already have an idea in my head, and the person i'd work with would have to know that that's how it's gonna be. they could certainly contribute songs and such, but the idea is the idea. that wouldn't be up for debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom