Three Cocks, Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
I WAS WONDERING WHEN SOMEBODY ELSE WOULD MAKE THE BANANAS IN PYJAMAS CONNECTION. :laugh:

And it wasn't a block away! It was on the same street as us, cruising past and turning onto Spring Street!
No, I'm talking about when you were showing my brother and I where to catch the tram back to Crown, after U23D on that Saturday night... It was MILES away, and you were all "Oh, that must be the Route Blahblah tram cos it's a B2 and the B2s mostly go on that route and not the other one"....

You couldn't see the route number but you could spot miniscule differences in window design from at least 200 metres. :lol:

coolian2 said:

Do you see the B1 daily?

Because you sure don't see the A330 daily

I've been in Melbourne 15 months and seen the B1 three times. Twice in the last five days.

Alisaura said:

No, I'm talking about when you were showing my brother and I where to catch the tram back to Crown, after U23D on that Saturday night... It was MILES away, and you were all "Oh, that must be the Route Blahblah tram cos it's a B2 and the B2s mostly go on that route and not the other one"....

You couldn't see the route number but you could spot miniscule differences in window design from at least 200 metres. :lol:

Oooh, right, that. Well, B2s are quite noticeably longer than Z3s, the front is shaped totally differently, and it's got plenty of light streaming out of it to highlight the window and door dimensions. It's not hard for me to differentiate a B2 and Z3. If you know what to look for, you're good. I've even taught my legally blind friend to tell them apart! :laugh:

coolian2 said:

I've been at this house for nearly 3 years, and i've seen the A330 twice. Once when i was at the airport with my camera too far away to do anything about it.

So it's not on a regularly scheduled route or anything?

There were two B1 trams built, as prototypes for the B2. One B1 is in storage and out of service. The other B1 can show up on any route operated by its depot at any time, and it's just dumb luck if you happen to see it.

Axver said:
Oooh, right, that. Well, B2s are quite noticeably longer than Z3s, the front is shaped totally differently, and it's got plenty of light streaming out of it to highlight the window and door dimensions. It's not hard for me to differentiate a B2 and Z3. If you know what to look for, you're good. I've even taught my legally blind friend to tell them apart! :laugh:
Now I have a vision of three visually challenged railfans all grabbing different parts of a tram and arguing about what model it is.

:giggle:

Alisaura said:

Now I have a vision of three visually challenged railfans all grabbing different parts of a tram and arguing about what model it is.

:giggle:

We all know I'd win the argument, because according to you, my vision's fine, so I'd be the one who can tell what it actually is. :wink:

Axver said:
We all know I'd win the argument, because according to you, my vision's fine, so I'd be the one who can tell what it actually is. :wink:
Would the others believe you, though? :wink:

"Oh sure, he SAYS he can see the number, but I'm telling you, this pattern on the steps is ONLY found on the Z3...."

Axver said:

So it's not on a regularly scheduled route or anything?

There were two B1 trams built, as prototypes for the B2. One B1 is in storage and out of service. The other B1 can show up on any route operated by its depot at any time, and it's just dumb luck if you happen to see it.

It's semi-regularly scheduled, but i haven't been lucky enough yet.

Alisaura said:

Would the others believe you, though? :wink:

"Oh sure, he SAYS he can see the number, but I'm telling you, this pattern on the steps is ONLY found on the Z3...."

That sounds worryingly plausible ... :lol:

Axver said:

That sounds worryingly plausible ... :lol:

I'm glad it's damn easy to tell most planes apart!

"No no no, it isn't an A319 because it has two overwing exits, so it has to be an A320....unless it's one of the A319s Easyjet fly that have two overwing exits because of the higher density cabin layout"

Oh maaaan. I'm listening to a bootleg of Porcupine Tree's concert in Sydney right now. This is remarkably good quality.

I wonder if I'll hear myself? Before Way Out Of Here, SW announced that they were going to return to some material from Fear Of A Blank Planet because that's what they believe most people here know PT from. So I yelled at the top of my lungs "PLAY MORE STUPID DREAM!"

coolian2 said:

I'm glad it's damn easy to tell most planes apart!

"No no no, it isn't an A319 because it has two overwing exits, so it has to be an A320....unless it's one of the A319s Easyjet fly that have two overwing exits because of the higher density cabin layout"

:lol:

The trams are mostly easy. I've only known one person who couldn't tell apart the Z and B classes, but Kate never was a very perceptive person. I can only tell apart Z1/Z2 and A1/A2 trams by their numbers, though. They are visually externally identicable, and internally too in the case of Z1/Z2 trams. The A1 and A2 trams slightly differ internally, but I rarely ride them so I haven't yet learnt to recognise this difference.

mysterious_jen said:
:drool: i just bought 3 new u2 tees on ebay ....

curse you and your plane talk :madwife:
if you had been more interesting i would not have been cruising ebay!

:lol:

I need more band shirts. I have three U2 shirts, one PT shirt I got on Sunday, and that's it.

Besides, planes have almost as good phallic imagery as trains do

a3303ntw.jpg

coolian2 said:

Just join the dark side and be done with it

Wait, isn't she meant to convert you to the dark side, not the other way around?

hey ax, i was watching a documentary the other night about war in the 20th century and how the train was partially responsible for spreading war accross europe / russia/ central asia.

you would have loved it.

it was pretty fucking depressing .

coolian2 said:
Besides, planes have almost as good phallic imagery as trains do

I don't think trains have anything that can top a cockpit.

mysterious_jen said:
hey ax, i was watching a documentary the other night about war in the 20th century and how the train was partially responsible for spreading war accross europe / russia/ central asia.

Well fucking done, railroads.

Now lets ignore the efficient killing machines planes are.

mysterious_jen said:

you would have loved it.

it was pretty fucking depressing .

The railway: bringing passengers, mail, and DEATH AND DESTRUCTION!

Sounds like it would've been pretty fascinating actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom