Three Cocks, Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisaura said:

Possibly :lol:

I was randomly reading a Wikipedia article about that Heaven's Gate cult, and PT were mentioned in it... and then today I was flipping through a Bass Guitar magazine and there was Colin Edwin, in an ad for whatever brand of speakers/amps/pedals he uses.

:laugh: Awesome. In Brisbane, SW renamed Colin. He was saying that "this is the first time any of us have been to your country - except for Mr I Have An Australian Passport over here".

Alisaura said:

It's all right for people with no nerves in their skin, but we were suffering enough last night... :lol:

The Bureau says it got down to 7.9. That's probably barely any cooler than a Wellington summer night. :wink:

Days like today are why I moved here. Yesterday in Queensland, it was 27. Far too hot. I shouldn't want to put a fan on in LATE APRIL.

Incidentally, when I left the Gold Coast today, it was 23.

And my family were bitching about how cold it was.

:laugh:

coolian2 said:
In short (heh), the 747SP was a shrunk version of the 747-100 which allowed longer range flights and was more capable of short runways than the usual 747.

Ahh, right. With the comparison pictures, the difference looks rather obvious.

Axver said:

Ahh, right. With the comparison pictures, the difference looks rather obvious.

Admittedly i wasn't comparing a 747-100 with the 747SP, but you get the idea.

I remember seeing the Qantas ones in Sydney 10-12 years ago, they were fucking funny looking planes.

I daresay the current A380 will look similar in comparison to the A380-900 that Airbus are examining.

coolian2 said:

Admittedly i wasn't comparing a 747-100 with the 747SP, but you get the idea.

Let's face it, I wouldn't know the difference between the 747-100 and 747-400 anyway.

coolian2 said:

:drool:

Did you know it matches up with The Wizard of Oz perfectly? :tongue:

I know a guy who claims to have done it successfully three times.

Personally, I don't give a shit about the Wizard Of Oz, so I haven't tried.

coolian2 said:

That's why i did it.

The only really obvious differences are the winglets and the longer upper deck.

Ah, right. The extent of my knowledge about 747s is pretty much that all three times I've been on one, it's been a 747-400 (Sydney <-> San Francisco and Brisbane --> Auckland).

On a similar note, I'm excited because today I finally saw the only working member of the B1 class while I had my camera on me and photographed it (it cruised past while Ali and I were waiting for PT on Friday night but I didn't have my camera). I bet if I posted a picture of it and a picture of a B2, nobody here would spot the difference. Except Ali, who knows because I told her on Friday! Whether she remembers is probably another thing entirely ...

Axver said:
Let's face it, I wouldn't know the difference between the 747-100 and 747-400 anyway.
Yet you can spot the difference between a B2 and a B1 (or something Bananas-in-Pyjamas-esque) tram, with your allegedly crappy vision, from over a block away... :tongue:

OK, it's 8C. WHY am I having a glass of orange juice with ice?

Axver said:
On a similar note, I'm excited because today I finally saw the only working member of the B1 class while I had my camera on me and photographed it (it cruised past while Ali and I were waiting for PT on Friday night but I didn't have my camera). I bet if I posted a picture of it and a picture of a B2, nobody here would spot the difference. Except Ali, who knows because I told her on Friday! Whether she remembers is probably another thing entirely ...
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... wha...? huh?

:wink:

Alisaura said:

Yet you can spot the difference between a B2 and a B1 (or something Bananas-in-Pyjamas-esque) tram, with your allegedly crappy vision, from over a block away... :tongue:

I WAS WONDERING WHEN SOMEBODY ELSE WOULD MAKE THE BANANAS IN PYJAMAS CONNECTION. :laugh:

And it wasn't a block away! It was on the same street as us, cruising past and turning onto Spring Street!

Axver said:

And here i am still without a shot of the Aircalin A330 that flies into Auckland.....

Alisaura said:

At NIGHT, I should add!

Actually, that would make it easier. Today's was a harder spot. At night, the window split level is more apparent due to the bright light shining behind it.

coolian2 said:

And here i am still without a shot of the Aircalin A330 that flies into Auckland.....

And I imagine that's easier to catch than the B1 too. :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom