Three Cheers for My Chemical Romance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandGirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I know they have some fans here. Let's appreciate. :)

My first comment, which I posted in the Snow Patrol thread, is that the new video for Helena is gothtastic. I really, really like it. I liked the video for I'm Not Okay (I Promise) too.

It took some convincing to even get me to give them a chance, but I'm glad I finally did. They're the perfect example of a band who you cant judge soley (that doesnt look like it's spelled correctly) from their lead single. Enjoyable stuff, and HLG is right about the video for 'Helena' being extremely cool. :up:

MCR ROCKS!!! :rockon:

I bought Three Cheers... in the summer and it was all I could listen to. In fact, I couldn't get past Helena for almost a week, I kept hitting 'repeat' to hear it again and again. Finally I skipped Track 1 altogether so I could hear the rest of the album. If you listen to the lyrics, it's got this kind of modern-day Bonnie and Clyde theme running through it. My favourites: Helena (obviously), Thank You for the Venom, Hang 'Em High, and To the End - but I think all the songs are really good.

I haven't seen the video for Helena, I hope it's on the 'Net somewhere. Gothtastic... :drool:

So long and goodnight....

Okay, I just went tot he MCR site to watch it - LOVE it!
And, a girl my age probably shouldn't be commenting on this but, Gerard Way is SO pretty! :love: :drool:

Glad you saw the video, lmj. :up:

As soon as I heard Helena, I didn't regret buying the album, no matter what else was on it. The Ghost of You is my favorite and sealed the deal for me loving this album. I think I Never Told You What I Do for a Living is the perfect closer. So many good tunes on there.

HeartlandGirl said:
Glad you saw the video, lmj. :up:

Me too! I'm afraid I may be addicted to it now! :drool: I'm really enjoying watching Gerard flicking his hair! :combust: Yeah, it's cheesy. :reject:

HeartlandGirl said:
As soon as I heard Helena, I didn't regret buying the album, no matter what else was on it.

:yes: I asked them if I could listen to it in the store before I decided to buy it. I hadn't even finished listening to Helena before I took the headphones off and said, "I'll take it!"

I heard a little bit of I Gave You My Bullets... but nothing really jumped out at me. It sounded a bit rough around the edges. The songs on Three Cheers sound a lot more put together.

FYI, Yahoo LAUNCH loves them lately and has 2 performance videos up of them in their studio. One of 'Helena' and one of 'I'm Not Okay'. Enjoyable if you're a fan.

I love this band. So much so that I am going to Green Day almost more for them than for Green Day.....almost I say because I really want to see Green Day as well.

With that said, my favorite song on the album is "The Ghost Of You".

Edgeman said:
I love this band. So much so that I am going to Green Day almost more for them than for Green Day

Same here! :up: Actually, it IS more for them than Green Day. I saw Green Day when they played here years ago. The ONLY reason I decided to go this time was because of MCR.

Last edited:
Two items of note for MCR fans.

For those of you with MTV2, they have been playing (and replaying) two shows featuring MCR. The first is the Two Dollar Bill concert, which is MCR and The Used live at Niagara Falls. MCR play 'I'm Not Okay (I Promise)' and 'Helena,' then do a cover of David Bowie and Freddie Mercury's 'Under Pressure' together with The Used at the end of the show.

They are also showing 'My Chemical Romance Makes a Video' which shows the making of the 'Helena' video.

:up:

HeartlandGirl said:
Two items of note for MCR fans.

For those of you with MTV2, they have been playing (and replaying) two shows featuring MCR. The first is the Two Dollar Bill concert, which is MCR and The Used live at Niagara Falls. MCR play 'I'm Not Okay (I Promise)' and 'Helena,' then do a cover of David Bowie and Freddie Mercury's 'Under Pressure' together with The Used at the end of the show.

They are also showing 'My Chemical Romance Makes a Video' which shows the making of the 'Helena' video.

damn canadian TV! :angry:

I would tape them for you, but I am too stupid to figure out why my VCR is only taping static from the television. :der: I need to fix that.

Last night while sorting laundry and listening to the excellent mix that HG recently sent me, I stopped what I was doing to check the tracklist to see what this particular song was. It was the 5th or 6th time I'd done that with that song in the last few days (I'm a little slow :huh: ) and of course it was The Ghost of You. I think it is now officially imprinted so that the next time I hear it I can name that tune and its artist faster than two shakes of a rat's tail. :wink: Great song. I want to hear more.

HeartlandGirl said:
I would tape them for you, but I am too stupid to figure out why my VCR is only taping static from the television. :der: I need to fix that.

thanks anyway! hopefully muchmusic will get their act together and play this!

And joyful girl, pick up Three Cheers... you won't regret it! :up:

joyful, I'm glad you're liking "The Ghost of You." I was a little worried to put it on there, not knowing if My Chemical Romance's sound would appeal to you or not. But I love the song (and the band) so much that I couldn't stop myself. :wink: Glad I did now!

Their album is so brash and slick at the same time, really angry and dark, but really poppy. I still get too excited listening to it. :up:

By the way, the ghost theme on the "Heat" mix has not gone unnoticed. :wink:

Hehe, I don't know what was up with that! I picked out the songs individually, and it wasn't until I was making the tracklisting that I realized the 'theme.' At one point I had the three songs all right next to each other, but I thought that was a little much. :wink:

I wonder if I could do a whole mix with that theme... :hmm:

I was wondering if it was accidental or intentional and if I should be searching for hidden ghost messages in the songs.

I bet you could do a ghost mix though...Let's see, there's "The Ghost of Tom Joad" (Springsteen), and damn, I was going to say Wilco's "A Ghost is Born" but there isn't a song by that name but you could cheat and use the song the line is delivered in, "Theologians," and then there's...um...oh yeah, "Ghostbusters"! I'm sure you have that laying around somehwere. :D So that's 6 songs, almost half done.

There's Placebo's "Sleeping With Ghosts," and Good Charlotte also has a song called "The Ghost of You" that's pretty good. Alright, this mix is almost done! :wink:

HeartlandGirl said:
There's Placebo's "Sleeping With Ghosts,"

Duh! I should've thought of that since I'm still in love with the cover so it's prominently displayed as the first cd on my current "frequent rotation" rack.

I have Sleeping With Ghosts, along with a few other Placebo CDs and lots of U2 ones, displayed on my wall in these cool CD display thingies. The Placebo ones have especially cool artwork. If I could display most of my CDs as art, I definitely would. :yes:

By the way, you can order a poster of the SWG cover here. My mom ordered me some posters for Christmas from this site without any problems. Just search for Placebo and you'll see it.

www.postersultan.com

Last edited:
FYI,

The Cure has a b-side called 'Fear of Ghosts'......which I've never heard. Add that to your list.

EDIT:

After doing some research, I found out The Misfits have a song called 'Crimson Ghost'. I knew they had to have something with ghost in the title!!! They pulled through. :wink:

Last edited:
You and your research! :wink:

Yeah, I was figuring AFI had to have a ghost song, but if they do, I don't know of it.

Edited to fix an egregious typographical error. :|

Last edited:
HeartlandGirl said:

I have Sleeping With Ghosts, along with a few other Placebo CDs and lots of U2 ones, displayed on my wall in these cool CD display thingies. [/url]

I've seen those--I need to get one for my home office which is crying out for some kind of musical decoration.

awesome yertle!! helena is one of the best tracks on three cheers...

i was going to revive this thread after seeing them this thursday, but you beat me to it :up:

That's excellent, yertle. You should pick up the whole album if you get a chance. I think the whole thing is brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom