Thoughts on Marilyn Manson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
blm said:
Found this on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZufjdDXgwg

Opinions please, music related or other.

Is he REALLY seeing/dating/whatever Evan Rachel Wood???(is that her name) from ATU?

I'm not a fan of his music, and he freaks me out a bit. However, I don't think he's the incarnation of the devil as most fundamentalist Christians would have everyone to believe. And yes, he and Evan Rachel Wood have been dating for almost a year now, I believe. She's a lot younger than him, I know. I think she's my age.

I'd love to see Manson and 80's Boy George battle it out in a cage to settle who is indeed the bigger contrived freak.

Manson's pretty harmless. His music is Ok, but it doesn't really stand out as anything exceptional.

I think he tries too hard. To me he has always come across as contrived. And his music has never really appealed to me, so I don't really follow anything he does.

From the interviews I've read, he sounds like an articulate, intelligent guy. His music though is pretty unexceptional and his brand of outrageous public persona IMO doesn't really have any lasting power beyond the initial shock.

Saracene said:
From the interviews I've read, he sounds like an articulate, intelligent guy. His music though is pretty unexceptional and his brand of outrageous public persona IMO doesn't really have any lasting power beyond the initial shock.

:up:

Saracene's right. When you rely on shock, people see through it eventually.

I think we're at that point now. It's time to play golf with Alice Cooper.

Manson's early music was excellent, but he's let himself slip over the past couple of years. His most recent album wasn't all that great.

I try to stay out of his private life, though. I just enjoy the music.

Back
Top Bottom