Thoughts on Linkin Park and Incubus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bjork

Acrobat
What do you think of these guys?
I like Incubus. I'd never really thought about Linkin Park until I found out they have 3 Grammy nominations. Now I'm curious, is their music really that good?

I'm very skeptical of these bands, but I do like the Incubus songs I have heard on the radio; can't stand that screaming that the guy in Linkin Park does though

Originally posted by Bjork:
What do you think of these guys?
I like Incubus. I'd never really thought about Linkin Park until I found out they have 3 Grammy nominations. Now I'm curious, is their music really that good?

Hrmm. I don't know that because they got nominated that this means they're good. I was surprised Staind didn't warrant more nods because I personally like them above the rest of the nu-metal groups.

The whole India.Arie thing to me is odd. I don't find her very interesting. Erykah Badu is far surperior when it comes to the roots-mama thing.

Contrary to many on this board, I actually like Linkin Park. I think they manage to walk that fine line between being relevant and being annoying in their lyrics. Other than that, they have an interesting mix of singing and rapping in their music. I didn't much like the first single from the album, but Crawling, In The End, and Papercut are better. I think they're worth another listen.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by Foxxern:
I didn't much like the first single from the album...

Do you mean "One Step Closer"? My "friend" (I dunno if she is now 'cause she scares me) made me watch the music video for that - you know, with the flying monks - and I had nightmares for weeks!
frown.gif
Then I was forced to watch the DVD...*is afraid of Chester* Linkin Park is nowhere on my top ten list.

On the other hand...Incubus is cool!
biggrin.gif
I like their songs "Drive" and "Wish You Were Here"

------------------
*~*Phuzzie*~*

WARNING: Insanity is highly contagious!

I think Incubus was quoted in a SPIN mag a while back saying, "Rap-Rock is incredibly rediculous." I like Incubus' sound a lot, and they play a great concert (saw 'em 10.18.01)!! I suggest their new Morning View album, very intrumental and relaxing. To me they aren't about being hard-core, but being pretty in-tune with yourself. Incubus = Nightmare. I think they do bring out the spiritual/dream remnants of the mind fairly well.

I will say I do like Linkin Park.. They seem to be a metal rap group.. but they actually have musical talent.. Their singer is a d#mn fine singer and they've got a fairly different take on metal, .. Now.. I'm hoping they turn more rock than metal in their upcoming albums.. because it seeems like they're halfway between on that issue...

I only have S.C.I.E.N.C.E. by Incubus but I love it! Well, hadn't heard anything of them, still haven't!(they ain't ever had a song released here, or 1 that made a breakthrough) but heard bout tem through a friend, gave em a try, and love that album
smile.gif
But I hear their other stuff is much more "normal", science is pretty crazy shit at times, but really great.

I like both, however not so much linkin as incubus, everything Ive heard of Incubus lately has been really good in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom