Thoughts on American Idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I watched part of it in horrified fascination while waiting for zonelistener to show up to pick me up for the Elbow/Doves show last week. How sickenly low culture has sunk. This is 'talent'; this is 'music'. ugh. It was rather like watching Jerry Springer.

And then zone and I went to the show and thankfully my faith was restored in music by two amazing bands called Elbow and Doves. Music is not dead. It's just hiding.

That Simon guy cracks me up.

And will Paul Abdul stop being so nice and cherry to everyone. Any more sweetness from here and I think I will go into diabetic shock.

As for the top three that will move on after yesterday's performance, my vote would be for Jim (I think he's adorable), Ryan and Tamyra (she rocks last night).

I am addicted to it as well...I'm really curious to see what the original one in the UK was like. Simon is hillarious :laugh:
yay for radiohead! :)

jkayet said:
I am addicted to it as well...I'm really curious to see what the original one in the UK was like. Simon is hillarious :laugh:
yay for radiohead! :)

Actually, I saw it while I was in a hostel in Glasgow last fall. :eek: It was just as bad.

we are grateful for our iron lung!

I tried SO hard not to like that show...but I can't stop watching it! Simon is great but I wish Paula Abdul would quit being such a butt-kisser. I thought Randy was hilarious last night when he teased the feminine guy with the dreads and the paper clip necklace about not being very convincing on When a Man Loves a Woman :laugh:

One of the morning shows in LA had Simon on today and they surprised him with a phone call from Ms. "you've got issues" Tamika...it was really funny.

Last edited:
I thought it was supposed to be on last nite but baseball was on. :|

Simon is an asshole, but he's funny.

[color=royal blue]I love that Simon guy.....

I only watched 10 mins last night. It seems to me that they can usually sing (if that) but can't really perform. I mean they're two different things, and if you want to be an American Idol you neeed some kind of stage presence. Talent, definitely, is needed, but if you look bored or you're hamming it up, then :down:
[/color]

I think the reason Paula is being so nice is because she has been there and one that...she has been in the exact place those kids are...and probably knows how a word said the wrong way can crush a sensitive person...she wants to let them down nicely but still give them hope..

How about the one guy they told to change his image...? The one Simon called a 'loser'. I usually think people should be themselves etc etc...but that guy really did need at least some cleaning up or something!!! Wash his face and shave to begin with...and clothes that at least fit!! I think he was trying to go the Kurt Cobain route or something...it wasn't working for him!!

So true about the difference between peforming and just being able to carry a tune...my daughter auditions for locale musical productions and almost always wins the part but she isn't always the best singer trying out...there are singers out there that are just as good or better than she...but she has that extra 'stage presence' thing the judges are looking for....nothing we taught her...but I think she picked it up from her dad and myself because being in front of large group never bothered either one of us...

dream wanderer

JessicaAnn said:
And will Paul Abdul stop being so nice and cherry to everyone. Any more sweetness from here and I think I will go into diabetic shock.

No kidding...she's nice to everybody...you can't take a lot of her compliments very seriously because she throws them out to everybody. She's like a compliment whore!

Theres something wrong with creating a pop star...something very wrong.
They did the same thing in Canada in the winter. I would never enter that competition...never.
If you win, they manipulate you, they tell what you to wear, and most importantly, they give you what to sing.

Basstrap said:
Theres something wrong with creating a pop star...something very wrong.
They did the same thing in Canada in the winter. I would never enter that competition...never.
If you win, they manipulate you, they tell what you to wear, and most importantly, they give you what to sing.

What he said.....

I'm sorry---is there a current shortage of no-talent-ass-clowns out there? Like the world really needs another Britney Spears.

Sorry-Tiffany's Rant session is over.

:silent:

I find these shows extremely entertaining for the simple fact that I am in SHOCK as to how many people actually believe they can sing! lmao! :lol:

"I'll show him. I'll make it one day, it's my dream!!"

:rolleyes: get another dream.

Back
Top Bottom