those with indie credibility visit here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
~LadyLemon~ said:
LE TIGRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)
:D
:hyper:

oh yes. i forgot about them. :up:

here's some more:

a camp
autechre
cracker
dada
drive like jehu
fun lovin' criminals
jellyfish (severley underrated)
mary's danish
material issue
matthew sweet
medeski, martin, & wood
michael penn (first 2 albums are genius)
morphine
mr.bungle
n.e.r.d.
pizzicato 5
prefab sprout
rocket from the crypt (gotta include my local boys!)
shudder to think
squirrel nut zippers
sugar
The La's

i realize most of these bands aren't new, but i nonetheless think their existence should be shred with ya'll.

Last edited:
rocket from the crypt sound VERY familiar.

and i don't know why. i fuckin hate that :mad:

i don't have indie cred. i'm just posting here cos i can :wink:

IWasBored said:
i don't have indie cred. i'm just posting here cos i can :wink:

you HAVE a campus radio show. That is almost Indie cred. I see the term "Indie cred" as a joke, really. Humor me.

I just wanted to tell folks about those two bands, and have a place where the people who I think are the music hipsters of Interland (yes, I did just say that...but now that we have TWO kentucky suburbanites amongst us, we have to use terms like that) can post about cool bands I may not have heard of...but should. Not a single unfriend in this thread! :D

humus

does that have two m's or one?

*humors zoney because she can't figure out how to spell "humuses zoney*

zoney! said:
but now that we have TWO kentucky suburbanites amongst us
You had to remind of me that, didn't you? :mad: ;)
*begins twitching...

No offense EP, born and raised here. I'm also glad to know there's at least one other person with good music taste somewhere in the surrounding counties. :)

On that note, holiday back to England in a little over two weeks! :hyper:

Carbon Leaf
from around DC, right?

jkayet said:
You had to remind of me that, didn't you? :mad: ;)
*begins twitching...

No offense EP, born and raised here. I'm also glad to know there's at least one other person with good music taste somewhere in the surrounding counties. :)

no worries, and KY is not all bad, Louisville has a decent indie scene, and Cincys is improving. But I sometimes like being a big fish in a small pond here in Northern KY.....

:wink:

(wishes to be in Europe dont cease however)

-EP

meegannie said:

Richmond area, no?

Yes ... Richmond.

I saw them over the summer at Milwaukee Irish Fest and again last weekend at a little local place called Shank Hall (yes ... that's the real name and yes the name is a deliberate Spinal Tap reference).

The show was great. Got to meet them. They're all very nice.

:up::up: (two thumbs up)

The Wrens! Their masterful album "Secaucus" is almost impossible to find online, so ebay or the local record store is probably your best bet. But it's so awesome!

p.s. they just came out with a new CD, "The Meadowlands", which received a godly score from that we're-so-indie-it-hurts publication pitchfork.

Squid said:
The Wrens! Their masterful album "Secaucus" is almost impossible to find online, so ebay or the local record store is probably your best bet. But it's so awesome!

p.s. they just came out with a new CD, "The Meadowlands", which received a godly score from that we're-so-indie-it-hurts publication pitchfork.

yes, as I mentioned earlier, I love Meadowlands.....:wink:

Squid said:

Secaucus and Meadowlands, eh?

Next album just may be called Teterboro! Any wagers?

Elvis Presley said:

no worries, and KY is not all bad, Louisville has a decent indie scene, and Cincys is improving. But I sometimes like being a big fish in a small pond here in Northern KY.....

:wink:

(wishes to be in Europe dont cease however)

-EP

Don't we ALL wish we lived in Europe?

I joke with you guys...but I also look up to my two Kentucky Suburbanites! :D

I heard Lexington actually has a decent/growing scene too.

I am also going to throw out the name Kevin Sucher. A local singer/songwriter. I heard him for the first time on Friday night. :up:

weakerthans?

oh wow....i feel really dumb now. i mean, that makes SENSE...and to think all this time i've thought they were called the weatherkens :der:

maybe i should listen to them, that would force me to call them by their right name...

IWasBored said:
weakerthans?

oh wow....i feel really dumb now. i mean, that makes SENSE...and to think all this time i've thought they were called the weatherkens :der:

For some bizarre reason, I always read it that way too. :der:

IWasBored said:
very strange.

I have suffered through forms of "band name dyslexia" too!

http://www.theweakerthans.org

I like their song "One Great City!"

Late afternoon, another day is nearly done. A darker gray is breaking through a lighter one. A thousand sharpened elbows in the underground. That hollow hurried sound of feet on polished floor, and in the Dollar Store the clerk is closing up, and counting Loonies, trying not to say, "I hate Winnipeg." The driver checks the mirror, seven minutes late. The crowded riders' restlessness enunciates that the Guess Who suck, the Jets were lousy anyway. The same route every day. And in the turning lane, someone's stalled again. He's talking to himself, and hears the price of gas repeat his phrase: "I hate Winnipeg." And up above us all, leaning into sky, our Golden Business Boy will watch the North End die, and sing "I love this town," then let his arcing wrecking ball proclaim, "I hate Winnipeg."

Where's Deathbear when you need him.

mmm... most of the bands that I love were indie... and I got to see them in tiny lil clubs..... and now... most of them are all mainstream

does that mean i've got an ear for good music thats fit for the masses.....
or does it mean...
that i've got an ear for shit music thats fit for the masses?

;)

I was so close to shirley manson when I saw Garbage in a TINY lil club that I could see up her skirt. dont ask.

does Garbage count?

Back
Top Bottom