Those who have traveled the world...please help me!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
Travel insurance.......what's your opinion?? I don't really need "trip cancellation insurance" I'm talking more like travel health insurance. I checked with my insurance from work, they said they cover "life or limb" abroad
icon24.gif
whatever that means........I just want to make sure if something goes terrible wrong, I can go to the hospital and not be stuck with a $10,000 bill....
In the Travel section of yesterday's paper, they had an article about this whole topic, but it wasn't a very good article...
What do you all think??
Where do you buy travel insurance??

only if you're paranoid. :p No seriously...I have Never, ever ever bought travel insurance. Medical insurance might be one thing to look into, but the rest of it is pretty much a waste of money, imho.

I'm thinking maybe I should just take vitamins and be careful.....

Knowing my luck, the insurance wouldn't be accepted over there..

Yeah, the only time I've worried about health insurance when traveling was when I studied abroad. My health insurance offered an out of area plan for an extra fee. If it hadn't been such an extended period of time, I doubt I would have even thought about it. I suppose it also depends where you are going, etc...
Don't let yourself get dehydrated and get your vitamins
I second this advice :)

yeah i went thru europe last year and didnt bother. if you look after yourself and your stuff, you'll be right. but i guess it depends on where in the world you are going. i might be going to thailand and vietnam at the end of the year so i think i will get it for there. i can just see myself pissed off if i get home and nothing happens to me! i like to get my monies worth! :D

Yeah - it really does depend on where it is that you're going. First, I'd check with your medical insurance provider to make sure that you're covered while travelling, then I would check with the embassy in whichever country you're going to to make sure that insurance won't be a problem there. For example - I went backpacking Kyrgystan a few years back, and the embassy told me that it was a cash-only society, so insurance or credit cards were things that they didn't even have the concept of! Just check with the embassy, and then go with their recommendation. Also - if anything does happen - check back with them. Uncle Sam doesn't usually leave his kids stranded in foreign countries if he can help it, and the people at the emabssies kinda count on travellers being clueless.

- andy

Are you people serious?!!!!
ive never set foot out of the country without travel insurance!
What if you lose all your luggage or you get mugged?!!
Not to mention getting sick.
I couldn't imagine having to pay hospital bills in another country!

I would look into it a little more, Mrs Clayton.
I thought everyone got travel insurance!

Back
Top Bottom