those embarrassed-to-admit-it shows....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Umm, i seen boyzone when i was 11, but i try to forget about that!!!
And my friend brought me to a westlife concert, but i just took the piss out of them. A
nd while we were waitin for da concert to start, da video of elevation came on so i made my mate get up and dance with me, because she was gonna make me suffer shitlife!!!:wink:

Sophie Ellis Bextor...... anyone remember her?? She came to my crappy town, thats how bad it was!

Justin Timberlake... twice :reject:

Britney Spears :wink:

won these on the radio: Seals & Croft. Those old enough to remember will pass the award my way. Free tickets - last row of the venue as well.

Paid for - Andy Gibb :reject: R.I.P.

Ok, what do I win?

Angela Harlem said:
the angels
:reject:

They're worth seeing just to sing that one song. :drool:

I'm too tight to have paid to see a garbage act, although I did sitting throguh 45 minutes of Kasey Chambers turned a pleasant weekend afternoon into a concentration camp.

Belinda Carlisle
The pointer sisters :reject:
johnny cash (though now I'm glad i saw him)
Andy Williams :sad:

^all with my parents when i was little

I've been to all of the lillith fairs :D
I loved 'em but many would be embarrased probably... there were a few acts in those that weren't so hot

worst concert ever was men at work / that was just a few years ago and I was dragged there :rolleyes:

None really. I guess last January I did go see Sum 41. They were playing Red Deer and I firgured it'd be somthing to do. Bought my tickets the day of the show and actually had a good time. Nevermind the fact that my buddy and I were about 13 years older than the average age:laugh: They put on a good show.

nurse chrissi said:
I can top everyone's most embarrassing concert - but in all fairness I was 6 and went with my parents so it wasn't really by chocie. That being said.....

Air supply - Memphis/Mud Island

shame :reject:

:lol: My girlfriend's father actually WORKED for them. He's a keyboardist. In fact, I believe my girlfriend's parents met while he was on tour with Air Supply in Australia.

My combination of being cheap and living in Australia and New Zealand means I've barely seen anyone, let alone anyone embarrassing besides the Kings Of Scheiße opening for U2. I can count the amount of bands I've gone to see live on one hand, including openers: U2 supported by Kings Of Scheiße and Finn Brothers supported by Mercury Rev, and I think I saw some random Kiwi band when I was six at a proper gig rather than just whoever was playing at a restaurant my parents chose for dinner.

HOWEVER, I went to a private Christian high school, and they had some dodgy acts in for our weekly chapel service. The worst was a group called Clay And Iron or something like that. Though the absolute worst was the school's own chapel band. It's like they would approve anyone who applied to join, so they ended up with way too many singers without any semblance of harmony singing over guitarists who could play three chords, maybe four at a stretch. One of my friends and I would always sit up the back and just take the piss out of whoever was on stage.

Okay, I was forced to watch Linkin Park & Limp Bizkit open for Metallica! Of course I would like to think that my money went to the main act! :wink:

Otherwise.... I don't know if Bon Jovi counts. I kinda don't mind some of their stuff.

yes, but if you knew how rich and snobbish at least 2 of the 4 members of Metallica are... (I have a friend who knew them, and who also worked for Jason for a period of time, though he was cool)

nurse chrissi said:
I can top everyone's most embarrassing concert - but in all fairness I was 6 and went with my parents so it wasn't really by chocie. That being said.....

Air supply - Memphis/Mud Island

shame :reject:

OMG!!!!

That's my most embarrassing show also. One of the gal's I dated in High School loved them - to this day my freinds won't let me live this down.

But I must admit I was given a real good time in parking lot after the show.:reject:

:wink:

Mine would have to be all the years my parents dragged me to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. During those years I had the not so thrilling time of seeing:

Crystal Gayle
Charlie Pride
The Oak Ridge Boys
Charlie Rich
Barbara Mandrell
Dolly Parton (which my dad didn't let go of the binoculars all during the show, :giggle: )

All though I did get see Shaun Cassidy (who I had a major crush on) and Kool and The Gang. I wasn't yawning with boredom during those shows.:D

YBORCITYOBL said:

OMG!!!!

That's my most embarrassing show also. One of the gal's I dated in High School loved them - to this day my freinds won't let me live this down.

But I must admit I was given a real good time in parking lot after the show.:reject:

:wink:

:giggle:

Third Eye Blind...but it was a free show at Venice Beach
Smashmouth...twice! but in my defense, the first time was when they were opening for Blur, so i actually paid to see Blur, it's not my fault that Smashmouth opened for them. the second time was on Conan O'Brien so that was free too.
Staind...it was part of a concert festival...there were better bands too
311...again, at a concert festival...

Back
Top Bottom