Thomas Johansson pulls out of Australian Open

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so he wont be coming back to 'defend' the title he won last year

did i hear someone say: "Who?"

but he was the person who actually won the australian men's tennis open last year, yet nobody can be entirely sure that he won last year

not even the swede himself

a great question to have in a future edition of Trivial Pursuit: 'Who won the australian open men's tennis in 2002?'

Answer:

Thomas Johansson :huh:

Last edited:
Hello,

From what I've read quite a few top players are pulling out of the Australian Open. I wonder how the final field will look like.
Being a Dutchie I hope Krajicek has a good tournament (no injuries, surviving a few rounds). And of course also Schalken, can he live up to the expectations created last year (esp. Wimbledon)?

It will be interesting...

C ya!

Marty

(Let your feelings slip (?) boy)

The problem is with the Oz Open is that it's so early in the damn year and so many players pull out/don't go/don't care. Really.

That's why we can ask: Who won the 2002 Australian Open for men?

And answer with such an anonymous name, few shall remember.

Lleyton for president.

I'd settle for that too.....

GAWD! Where are the rest of the tennis fans in here??
This place sure has changed.

Maybe if I post some sexy pics of Ah-na more people will respond?

I'm feeling tennis'd out here lol. Yesterday I had the choice of watching more of the Open or fox playing this stupid replay of a 1989 Ashes game. I watched the Ashes. What a trip down memory lane.

Sorry, what was this thread about again?
:D

andre, andre, andre..I do believe, imho, mother angela

maybe they can't stand the heat...so they've gone to The Kitchen.

Not my boy AA.....bring it on he said, staying power.
Today is the first live game I have seen him play...gosh I love his style. Best thing since Ivan Lendl.
I saw one of his match score lines on the TV news the other day. What a sight!!
Agassi 6 6 6
Li 1 0 0

(sorry if I got the Korean guys name wrong...I am one-eyed when it comes to tennis)
I would LOVE to be at one of the matches Agassi plays.He won't be arounf THAT much longer, even though he looks so well( I am SO glad he married Stefi, brought a glow to his cheeks) I think the temperatures may soar over the next couple of days, so it will be survival of the fittest and least dehydrated. It is a tough game to play in an Australian summer. The government just gave a grant of $1 million over the next few years to promote the Oz Open overseas to attract more players.Maybe that will help people be more aware of it..maybe. Some nice long lunches for a lucky few anyway.

PS: Bob Carr was here yesterday and gave the local heritage movie theatre owners quarter of a million dollars towards renovating the old theatre..well thanks, new, comfy seats we hope ( must be an election coming up)

Anyone for tennis?....I reckon between us we could make an Interference Edition of Trivial Pursuit.I'll add that to my idea about the crew recording an Elvis song next time they gather in Vegas....another pearler.

because I have declared my hand, I don't think Andre will win now. Jinxed him, sorry handsome.

Andre Andre Andre...and Stefi and the bairn

I love watching him play, but I REALLY love his interviews and speeches. He is SO gracious and witty.
He was interviewed at courtside by John McEnroe after yesterday's win against Crossjean. A comedy double?
McEnroe asked about his age and fitness at 32. Andre said Stefi is 33 and fit as a fiddle( my words not his) McEnroe asked does she usually win when they play together?
Of course replied Andre..."when I'm playing with her, I can't keep my eye on the ball."
It's not tennis I know.....more of that love stuff, but it makes me:happy:
:heart: Andre:heart:Stefi :heart:

Back
Top Bottom