This was inevitable.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
so in connecticut, there used to be this station, radio 104, which was 104.1 fm.

they were pretty cool for a while, but then they were bought up by clear channel. 99.3 FM in northampton, ma was also bought up around the same time (this was a couple years ago),and the changes were more dramatic (they went from playing dave matthews band, rancid, metallica, and the barenaked ladies like this was a normal combination of stuff, to only playing staind, metallica, and godsmack).

my sister just informed me that the 104.1 that i used to know and listen to back when i still thought they played good music on commercial radio, is gone. they've gone themainstream hip hop/rap/crap route as of a few weeks ago.

now, i've got no sentimental attachments to this radio station, i stopped listening to them regularly a couple years ago. i did listen to a 'punk' show they had weekdays, throughout the summer for a laugh at what they called punk rock, but that's another story. still, i'm finding this depressing.

radio :down:

only good radio station besides little college ones = xrt in chicago...but i don't get it

i never listen to the radio...ever

i hear what ya saying, hon.
i'm always getting pissed off with my choice radio stations. :down:
best advice here is turn that fucker off...put on a cd instead. :)

Give it ten minutes....the format will change.

I lived in Minneapolis for 11 years and watched formats changes with the seasons. One station has had five different formats in 11 years. :down:

XRT in Chicago plays WAY too much Phil Collins to be considered cool.

I have a love/hate relationship with the radio...
At least you can have some revenge, you have your own show.

The only station here in Detroit that's listenable is 94.7, the Classic Rock station, and even they play some of that old arena rock shit (ie Styx, Foreigner, etc. :barf: ) but for the most part it's alright, esp. on Sunday nights when they play Little Steven's Underground Garage.

I think Little Steven ought to take on Clear Channel so that some good shit gets on the air for once! :up:

yertle-the-turtle said:
there's a tower in the heart of london
with a radio station right at the top
but they don't make the city beat
they're making all the action stop

:up: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is there a way you can find out if a station is owned by clearchannel? if someone tells me there's a list on clearchannel's website, i'm gonna be embarrassed.

anyway, that's kinda happened to a local station here, too. suddenly, the local classic rock station, which used to play *some* 60s, but mostly 70s and early 80s, went and changed its name with no notice. it just happened one day. they now play no 80s music which sucks ass majorly. they said they "asked what we wanted to hear," but i doubt people said no cars, no U2, no def leppard, and a lot of early stuff that's escaping me.

i mean, to think i would listen to a station that i knew would play no duran duran, the station was that good. now they have these horrible little station blurbs too. it's like they got these metal wannabes who can't sing or scream to say the little slogan, which is as uninventive as a turnip.

blah. i'm feeling ya iwb, at least my station still plays good 70s stuff. oy.

Mrs.Clayton said:
I have a love/hate relationship with the radio...

I totally know what you mean. I have the same love/hate thing going with radio, VH1, MTV, MTV2, etc. It's so great when you see/hear a song you like or a new great song on those respective forms of broadcast, but most of the time you have to put up with so much BS and garbage it almost feels like it's not worth it.

As much as I complain and say I hate them all, I still find myself watching/listening and hoping for some great music. I dont know why, but hearing a song on the radio you like or seeing a music video you like can really hit the spot better than just listening to it on cd sometimes.

Here's to hoping for better access to good music in the future. :up:

yertle-the-turtle said:
there's a tower in the heart of london
with a radio station right at the top
but they don't make the city beat
they're making all the action stop

hey jonesy!

wot?

:heart:

is there a way you can find out if a station is owned by clearchannel? if someone tells me there's a list on clearchannel's website, i'm gonna be embarrassed.

i'm not sure. there might be. a little research won't hurt.

from www.clearchannel.com:

this is just tv stations....

WXXA -TV FOX ALBANY , NY
KGET -TV NBC BAKERSFIELD , CA
KVOS -TV IND BELLINGHAM , WA
WIVT -TV ABC BINGHAMTON , NY
WKRC -TV CBS CINCINNATI , OH
WETM -TV NBC ELMIRA , NY
KMTR -TV NBC EUGENE , OR
KMTX -TV NBC EUGENE , OR
KMTZ -TV NBC EUGENE , OR
KVIQ -TV CBS EUREKA , CA
KTVF -TV NBC FAIRBANKS , AK
KGPE -TV CBS FRESNO , CA
WHP -TV CBS HARRISBURG , PA
WLYH -TV UPN HARRISBURG , PA
WJKT -TV UPN JACKSON , TN
WAWS -TV FOX JACKSONVILLE , FL
WTEV -TV CBS JACKSONVILLE , FL
KASN -TV UPN LITTLE ROCK , AR
KLRT -TV FOX LITTLE ROCK , AR
WLMT -TV UPN MEMPHIS , TN
WPTY -TV ABC MEMPHIS , TN
WJTC -TV UPN MOBILE , AL
WPMI -TV NBC MOBILE , AL
KCBA -TV FOX MONTEREY/SALINAS , CA
KION -TV CBS MONTEREY/SALINAS , CA
WOKR -TV ABC ROCHESTER , NY
KTVX -TV ABC SALT LAKE CITY , UT
WOAI -TV NBC SAN ANTONIO , TX
KPXL -TV PAX SAN ANTONIO , TX
KCOY -TV CBS SANTA MARIA , CA
KFTY -TV IND SANTA ROSA , CA
WIXT -TV ABC SYRACUSE , NY
KOKI -TV FOX TULSA , OK
KTFO -TV UPN TULSA , OK
WUTR -TV ABC UTICA , NY
WWTI -TV ABC WATERTOWN , NY
KAAS -TV FOX WICHITA , KS
KSAS -TV FOX WICHITA , KS
KSCC -TV UPN WICHITA , KS

fuck it, they own EVERYTHING :|

Last edited:
death to mediacorp radio

time to check what's hot in singapore!

Perfect 10 Top 20 (12 September 2003 - 18 September 2003)

Last Week This Week Title Artist Ringtone
Code No. of Weeks on Chart
2 1 Girls And Boys Good Charlotte - 4
4 2 I Want You Thalia feat Fat Joe - 6
3 3 Never Leave You (Uh Ooh, Uh Ooh) Lumidee feat Busta Rhymes - 3
9 4 Senorita Justin Timberlake - 2
1 5 Rock Wit You (Awww Baby) Ashanti - 7
8 6 Shake Ya Tailfeather Nelly feat P. Diddy & Murphy Lee - 5
12 7 Right Thurr Chingy - 3
10 8 The Boys Of Summer The Ataris - 3
14 9 Ladies Sarai - 2
5 10 You Are The One C21 - 6
6 11 Crazy In Love Beyonce feat Jay-Z - 9
17 12 (There's Gotta Be) More To Life Stacie Orrico - 1
7 13 The Remedy (I Won't Worry) Jason Mraz - 8
11 14 Going Under Evanescence - 7
18 15 Breathe Blu Cantrell feat Sean Paul - 1
20 16 Never Gonna Leave Your Side Daniel Bedingfield - 1
NEW 17 Can't Hold Us Down Christina Aguilera feat Lil' Kim - -
13 18 Bent Don Richmond - 5
NEW 19 So Far Away Staind - -
NEW 20 So Yesterday Hilary Duff - -

IWasBored said:
WLMT -TV UPN MEMPHIS , TN
WPTY -TV ABC MEMPHIS , TN
those were all television stations you boob. :wink:

oh well, upn and abc here are so ghetto, i don't know anyone who watches either of their news programs. oh wait, my husband insists on watching abc nightly news with peter jennings. :mad:

but i did find the list for memphis' radio stations:

KJMS-FM V101.1 blah blah today's rnb and jammin old school
KWAM-AM talk radio (note: Clear Channel possesses certain rights with regards to the station's sales pursuant to a joint sales agreement with the station's licensee.) <--- what the hell does that mean?
WDIA-AM an urban radio station (wtf? i thought this was an oldies station?)
WEGR-FM rock 103 - classic rock aimed at the midlife crisis men, because they think they're hip and cool because they say "damn" on the radio and insinuate that they bang the female deejay.
WHAL-FM hallelujah 95.7 - but cc calls it oldies, wtf?
WHRK-FM rap
WREC-AM news radio

damn, so that station isn't on here. i'm surprised. when we had a huge freak storm here about two months ago, they all seemed unfazed and unaffected by it, like they were in a completely different state.

Yeah. My dad's worked at stations that Clear Channel owned, and they totally went and fucked up the stations. And yet it apparently doesn't catch on to the Clear Channel people when jobs are lost (like with my dad) and people stop listening to the radio because it gets so freakin' repetitive in its playlists.

It's sad. And frustrating. Thankfully, a lot of Americans are catching on to this, and pretty soon companies like Clear Channel are going to fold because they've messed everything up.

I still listen to the radio on occasion, but I try and find stations that still have some variety in what they play. Unfortunately, a lot of stations I do like suffer from the fact that they have obnoxious DJs who work there...they put on the whole overspeaking bit because they think that the loud or grumbly voice is for radio-they don't just talk anymore. That's another problem with radio.

But at least the good music is compensation for the annoying DJs.

Angela

KhanadaRhodes said:

those were all television stations you boob. :wink:

oh well, upn and abc here are so ghetto, i don't know anyone who watches either of their news programs. oh wait, my husband insists on watching abc nightly news with peter jennings. :mad:

but i did find the list for memphis' radio stations:

KJMS-FM V101.1 blah blah today's rnb and jammin old school
KWAM-AM talk radio (note: Clear Channel possesses certain rights with regards to the station's sales pursuant to a joint sales agreement with the station's licensee.) <--- what the hell does that mean?
WDIA-AM an urban radio station (wtf? i thought this was an oldies station?)
WEGR-FM rock 103 - classic rock aimed at the midlife crisis men, because they think they're hip and cool because they say "damn" on the radio and insinuate that they bang the female deejay.
WHAL-FM hallelujah 95.7 - but cc calls it oldies, wtf?
WHRK-FM rap
WREC-AM news radio

damn, so that station isn't on here. i'm surprised. when we had a huge freak storm here about two months ago, they all seemed unfazed and unaffected by it, like they were in a completely different state.

i said they were all tv stations before listing them

that's quite a few stations right there for just one city...damn clear channel..

Back
Top Bottom