This Smashing Pumpkins Song..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
I heard the tail end of a SP song yesterdy n the radio. All I know is that it had a beautiful, simple piano line imn it.

It was Billy Corrigan's voice alright. My friend said something about Thirty-three (or maybe I misunderstood), but I know not of what he speaks.

This may be looking for a needle in a haystack, but can anyone help me out? ANy ideas as to what this song was?

Thirty-Three is a beautiful song and may indeed be the song you are after. Download it. You may have also heard "Tonight, Tonight". There is some heavy piano in that. Good luck to you. The pumpkins rock.

thirty three is on Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
disc 2 track 3 i think
the guy in my avatar might know, ask him.
he whispers to me all the time.

Last edited:
"thirty-three"

sample lyrics include:

I'll make the effort, love can last forever... graceful swans of never, topple to the earth... and you, can make it last forever... you, make it last forever, you...

Frankly, I didn't know you could sing.

I love smashing pumpkins. I once ran over one in the road. Have you seen the movie 'Tommy Boy' where Spade and Farley are driving in the cop car and the N02 (nitrous oxide) leaks out of the back and they get all high? Spade keeps saying "R-O-W-A-D-S" "R-O-O-A-D-S-S"

There is a song I have been hearing lately that sounds like Billy Corgan ( a solo project???) re-make of Fleetwood Mac. Great song, andyone know what it is???

I love Tonight, Tonight. One of the greatest songs imo.

I feel like a whore ( :rant: ) & [ :sick: ]

--
:der:

They did do a cover of Fleetwood Mac's Landslide, Z Edge.
Is that what you're thinking of?
Its a truly gorgeous song.

Love is Suicide

yeeeeeeeeeeees?

thirty three is marvelous, the pumkins are lovely.

buy the album adore.

i truly miss the pumpkins, i feel like something is missing in my life, not having any new music going to be coming out from them.
why must all the best bands die? :(

trust no one, it's fucking "thirty-three" for sure, I'd bet your life on it :angry:

cowgirl, this might not be what you're looking for but Billy has just about finished recording a new record with Zwan and is in the process of looking for the right label, one that one fuck him over like Virgin did in the past

actually, who couldn't pinpoint what song it is when the Sweetest Thing declares in the first post of the thread, "it was piano driven and I think it was called thirty-three"

yeah, no shit, it could be that other piano-driven song called "thirty-three"

zwan doesnt excite me like the pumpkins unfortunately
at least its billy

ooh billy just told me to shush and to start a propaganda style operation to brainwash all interlanders into becoming poets of zwan.

if i can say something here, ive seen angel in person, without any clothes on (and she wears it so well) and well, then i woke up.

Back
Top Bottom