This q? is for you zoney

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snowbunny00774

ONE love, blood, life
dumb post I know so all the superior non newbies can go complain about it somewhere else:

However: Zoney, I was wondering how people were able to tell what you had searched, I saw you post this elsewhere "Searching: I got mocked recently when I dida search becuase EVEYONE can see what I searched. Not cool"

Sicy said people can't tell what you have searched and i was just wondering which is true cos the other forum ( a travel one) I belong to would never have something like this. How did poeple know what you had searched?"

Hello snowbunny and welcome to the "Zoney's Helpful Interference Hints" ! :up:

The time I was "mocked" - I was searched "zonelistener"

Yup. I searched my own name. :D

More specifically, I was searching for all threads in a specific forum (looking for a thread I started some time ago).

So, you ask...why would dear friends "mock" an self-centered, Internet egomaniac who does searches on himself? GOOD QUESTION! :mad:

;)

I am going to throw one more hint in for free: SICY IS ALWAYS RIGHT! :up:

Thanks for the question and I hope you all join me again for zoney's helpful interference hints.

Goodbye snowbunny

goodbye snowbunny

goodbye snowbunny

goodbye snowbunny

say hit to all of my friends in London, Ont.

Goodbye snowbunny0774

zoney! said:
So, you ask...why would dear friends "mock" an self-centered, Internet egomaniac who does searches on himself? GOOD QUESTION! :mad:

is the attention you get off of this THAT much more important than how it will make your "dear friends" feel when you continue things that were already (i thought) dealt with in private?

To the original poster;

The answer to your question is actually this:

If I were to search for myself (via username) and then lets say I wanted to go off on some random tangent and posts countless links to threads that I started, my name (or any item I searched for) shows up in RED in those links as being the target item.

So, lets say I did a search for the words, "passive aggressive". Those two words would show up in red in all the matching threads.

Also, the words, "passive aggresive" would show up as items recently searched in the search list.

See, now if you click on the Search link it shows the last 10 searches done by members.....

I searched for "passive aggressive". And there it is! Right next to a search for "zoney".....

:)

Hope that helps!

Thank you for answering myquestion savesthe world. I guess what i don't understand is where the search button you are talking about is. If I click on the search button that shows up in your text box ina thread you have posted on, it just shows threads you have posted in but not what u actually searched for. Also I don't see anything in red, so is there another search button (and yes, I feel like a moron for not getting it!!)

appreciate your help saves the world...I will refrain from asking dumb questions for at least a week now!!...well i'll try anyway!!

snowbunny00774

I was answering these questions for you in the premium member thread already. And actually, since you and zonelistener are both premium members you could have sent him a pm to ask him these questions. :)

Anyhow, I hope you got the answers you were looking for.

explaining JOKES SUCK!

FYI for everyone:

My post was based on HUMOR. I mean, who REALLY calls themselves a self-centered egomaniac and means it.

as for these other claims by my so-called friends: I would like to handle this as an adult moving forward.

hence...an edit.

goodbye snowbunny (think of Bono saying goodbye to whatever woman he has just pulled up on stage)

goodbye snowbunny....

goodbye snowbunny.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom