This one goes out to the Testjes I love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lara Mullen said:
You should definitely go to that. :up:

It is a lovely country but very cramped and flat compared to Ireland. We have lots of countryside. The thing I found the hardest to get used to was being in a car (because they all drive on the wrong side of the road), especially when I was sitting in the back and the person who would be in the drivers seat at home was talking and waving their arms around. And the animals in bars and restaurants.

Nestle. Nobody beats Nestle for their white chocolate and Cadbury's for the milk variety. :drool:

Hahaha Laura.. you are talking about the cat :hug:

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

my testje lekker
:love:

heel lang

ik houd van testje :drool:

my favourite new dutch word is knuffels, i thought it was pronounced "nuffles" though. i also got a lot of teasing because i couldn't pronounce lekker. i also got a lot of jokes because i can't say hair (hurrr) and air (errrrr) in my own language - from non native english speakers too :tsk:

bammo2 said:
actually laura, I'd say you say it more like 'hrrrrrrrr'

:wink:

:laugh:

i guess hurr wuold be pronounced more like herrr. it's a norn irish thing. we all say it. :D

I've been making a concerted effort to talk with less of an accent, and to use english properly recently.

I'm taking another drama exam soon and don't want to spoil my Queen Margaret from Henry VI part III by doing it in a mansfield accent and saying 'grass' instead of 'graaahss'. Plus, my drama teacher says I've developed a weird way of saying 'I' that sounds like I'm from somerset and work on a farm. Apparently I say it almost like 'Oi' :shifty:

also, the mansfield accent is ugly. :D

bammo2 said:
I've been making a concerted effort to talk with less of an accent, and to use english properly recently.

I'm taking another drama exam soon and don't want to spoil my Queen Margaret from Henry VI part III by doing it in a mansfield accent and saying 'grass' instead of 'graaahss'. Plus, my drama teacher says I've developed a weird way of saying 'I' that sounds like I'm from somerset and work on a farm. Apparently I say it almost like 'Oi' :shifty:

also, the mansfield accent is ugly. :D

I like your accent. :up:

We can't speak here at all. I hope all the students who will have the misfortune of learning English with me will say hrrrr, rrrrrrrrr and lurries by the end of next year. :cute:

How are you, Lu? What's the new house like?

Hi Adamsbaby :wave:

i'm well, laura. Still jobless, temping at a call centre entering questionnaires onto a database at the moment :crack:

Ive been looking for a job but can't find anything that excites me so I think I may end up moving to london :yikes:

I've got lots of friends tht live there so it wouldnt' be so bad, but I'd have to rent my house out, which would be a pain. But I think I'm going to have to accept that if I want to work in a theatre doing an interesting job, it will have to be in london...

At least you'll be making some money from your house which will help with living in London. :up:

I have friends who did call centre work, it didn't sound overly exciting. Do you want to act in the theatre?

Lara Mullen said:

ik houd van testje :drool:

my favourite new dutch word is knuffels, i thought it was pronounced "nuffles" though. i also got a lot of teasing because i couldn't pronounce lekker. i also got a lot of jokes because i can't say hair (hurrr) and air (errrrr) in my own language - from non native english speakers too :tsk:

I now know what lekker ding means. I'm learning, ja. :wink:

:wave: to the testjes.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Or so I was told. :angel:

You were told right. :)

How are you today, Marty? :)

I'm quite OK. A slightly bit :grumpy: because my favourite footy team played only a draw, but nothing too shocking in my life. Not yet that is. The project I'm currently working on probably ends in 2 weeks. They've already probed me about another project. Which will be a year long.
In Germany. :ohmy:

Don't know if it goes through though, but if it does... :hyper: :crack:
I hope it'll be fun, but I'm also a wee bit anxious about it at the moment...

:)

Popmartijn said:

:extremeblush: :)

I'm quite OK. A slightly bit :grumpy: because my favourite footy team played only a draw, but nothing too shocking in my life. Not yet that is. The project I'm currently working on probably ends in 2 weeks. They've already probed me about another project. Which will be a year long.

Germany, wow! That'll be awesome. I'd love to work abroad. How exciting! I hope you get to go. :)

I'm just excited I can look over and see the sun in my new spot, lol.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I now know what lekker ding means. I'm learning, ja. :wink:

:wave: to the testjes.

I suspect some Dutch bloke is telling you how to say all of this. :sexywink:

I don't really know any of the Dutch I use here. Well, I do know some. I can hoi, hoe gaat het met jou with the best of them. :D

Popmartijn said:

Germany sounds exciting!!

Hola clobberybolcity :D

Popmartijn said:

Germany! Sounds like fun to me. :)

Back
Top Bottom