this morning's question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
why is there a non system disk error when there is a 3 1/2 floppy disk in the drive, but not a cd?

------------------
pssst: gravity pushes.

Because maybe a CD is a CD not a disk? they read differently anyway dont they...read write vs read only perhaps? and of course, the floppy drive system is positively antiquated vs the cd...

It?s because in the BIOS of you pc is a Boot sequence that determines what drives are checked when a pc is booted. It normally starts with the a-drive, checks if there is some sequence that is needed to boot your pc. If not it checks your hard drive. If there?s a floppy in your a-drive that does not contain those sequences you?ll get your error message.

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

I can't believe everyone is taking the time to explain it...
tongue.gif

cuz were all stuck in the office and we can only dream of laying on the beach in the beautiful sunshine that is to come today...

wishing we had a dime for every dime we have.

BUT NOOOOO, we have to sit and toil with a metal box with silicon implants that has a schizoid personality ? lol...

Originally posted by Screaming Flower:
kobe go take a nap.

oh the naps are imminent
biggrin.gif

2 essays left, 1 is written and kicks ass!
i'm just at work having a great day, about to go ask my boss to extend my contract through the summer
smile.gif

Originally posted by AM:
It?s because in the BIOS of you pc is a Boot sequence that determines what drives are checked when a pc is booted. It normally starts with the a-drive, checks if there is some sequence that is needed to boot your pc. If not it checks your hard drive. If there?s a floppy in your a-drive that does not contain those sequences you?ll get your error message.

so is there any way to find my boots and change them
tongue.gif
, since i don't like them and all?

Originally posted by kobayashi:
so is there any way to find my boots and change them
tongue.gif
, since i don't like them and all?

in your setup

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

kobe, you need to start asking better questions! By better I mean ones I can answer! Like, what's the advantage of a CAM4 photosynthetic cycle over a CAM3 photosynthetic cycle? Or what's the advantage of being in a lytic or photolytic zone? Things like that.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Just tell 'em what they wanna hear & nobody will complain."

Back
Top Bottom