This is the worst song I've ever heard!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
There She Goes - Sixpence None The Richer

OMG! Heard this at the gym. This song has no verses. The chorus is repeated endlessly with hardly any musical variation, no instrumentals, no nothing! I've never heard anything this empty!!! :|

xaviMF22 said:
isn't that a cover???:huh:

:yes:

The La's version is a '90s classic, I just think of the early '90s everytime I hear it.

Sure I was a toddler, but I've read about it + seen the talkin' pictchas.

Is it a cover? I have no idea. :huh:

xaviMF22 said:
I like"kiss me" by Sixpence None The Richer :reject:

*points and laughs*

Hahahahahahahahaha :lmao:!!!

:wink:

I don't mind Kiss Me as much as this one.

Zootlesque said:
Is it a cover? I have no idea. :huh:

*points and laughs*

Hahahahahahahahaha :lmao:!!!

I don't mind Kiss Me as much as this one.

YOU BITE YOUR TOUNGE ZOOTS!

Kiss Me was a great mid-'90s noncraptacular radio song!

Zootlesque said:

:huh:

I didn't think it was that great. It was okay I guess.

It wasn't, but that's when the radio started dying in my town, so it's almost like glorifying Kate Winslet as the hottest chick on the Titanic.

:shrug:

I looove the La's version... Don't ask me why, I always liked it...
About the Sixpence None The Richer, never got much of my attention. I guess they were some kind of one hit wonders, they only had that song "Kiss me" or something like that...

Zootlesque said:
Kate Winslet IS the hottest chick! :drool: :drool: :drool:

I love her acting chops, and she is pretty, but if I was forced to save her or Elisha Cuthbert from a sinking ship & have the obligatory "hero gets a reward for saving the girl" scene.

I would have to pick Elisha.

1) She's smaller and probably faster
2) She's Elisha Cuthbert
3) Unnecessary, since #2 answered everything.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I love her acting chops, and she is pretty, but if I was forced to save her or Elisha Cuthbert from a sinking ship & have the obligatory "hero gets a reward for saving the girl" scene.

I would have to pick Elisha.

1) She's smaller and probably faster
2) She's Elisha Cuthbert
3) Unnecessary, since #2 answered everything.

Natalie Portman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Elisha Cuthbert

xaviMF22 said:

Natalie Portman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Elisha Cuthbert

Overall package, yes Natalie Portman is the winnah.

but some dirty hot LMP fun, Elisha wins :wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:

what thread? :shifty:
Exactly. I don't really think of threads as threads - moreso colloids, or perhaps clouds of thoughts that sometimes intersect in one apeture of concentration.

nano20colloidcx2.jpg

Canadiens1160 said:
Exactly. I don't really think of threads as threads - moreso colloids, or perhaps clouds of thoughts that sometimes intersect in one apeture of concentration.

nano20colloidcx2.jpg

that's all fine and dandy, but which section is PLEBA?

I need to go see the Larry's M:love::love:bs thread.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I need to go see the Larry's M:love::love:bs thread.

:drool: It's even hotter than last year's shirtless-Larry-eating-chocolate-on-a-unicycle thread.

In terms of songs I like throwing up to, how about the one that goes "Jimmy getss highhhh tonight!!!" Jesus, I hate that song. I don't even know if that's the title, but it's certainly integral to the mind-numbing chorus.

Maybe that one's just playing in Canada.

back to the music -
'there she goes' was written by the la's. it was covered by the boo radleys for that mike myers movie about the axe murderer, then covered by sixpence for no apparent good reason. each successive cover is progressively more polished and annoying, the polish buffing away any sentiment the song originally had. all that being said, the la's version is a pretty decent pop song, more believeable and less grating than the sixpence version. it's actually worth hearing, as is the rest of the album. kinda like the kinks + early beatles (both of which had songs that were essentially chorus repeats with no verses...). just my few cents.
cheers

You guys have got it all wrong.

Scarlett Johansson > Keira Knightley > Elisha Cuthbert > all

And that's the hierarchy.

This is one of the few times where I do not agree with Zootlesque in Bang and Clatter. The entire album is brilliant. I love the combination of the singer's frail, pretty voice and the band that can sound rather raw at times as a contrast.

Now have you heard the entire album, Zootlesque?

Back
Top Bottom