this. is the place. remember me.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
i recently rapped up a stint working at a hospital/care home, and i must say its been one of the best jobs ive ever had. great to do stuff outside and what not. thats not what im getting at...

the folks that live in the carehome section, are old, tired and fragile. if they move, they move slowly, in their wheelchair, taking steps that mimick the speed of a beetle crossing the room.

they talk to themselves, usually in german, so i cant understand what theyre saying.

theyre often sullen. if not always. they stare into nothing most of the time.

they watch tv, but display no emotion for me to believe they actually comprehend whats going on in front of them.

most of them are spoon fed food that looks more suitable for a baby. its green mush. yummy.

they always look so tired.

there is at least one lady i remember for sure who is carted to the dining room in a bed or cott, and she never opens her eyes. you cant tell if shes conscience or not.

can she?

the cycle of life comes full circle it would seem.

how depressing.

do they know they exist? theres no way of really knowing.

ya.

not much else to say, and im not sure how to even say it. its just really weired and depressing.

on a lighter note...

a few years ago a guy was in bed, and he proceeded to wrap a bow (for presents i assume, maybe for a dress shirt, im not sure, its not really that important) around his penis, and when the nurse came by, he asked her if shed like to unwrap her present. his penis was in full view. yes, thats right, he was not wearing briefs, boxers or diapers!

now that's funny.

the rest really isnt.

as old people's memories begin to erase, they cease to exist, at least to themselves...but are they just in process of change like a catepillar spinning a cocoon.

I mean, who else can put a bow around their cock so shamelessly? I'm sure it made complete sense to him.

ok...I'm drunk enough to type bad but sober enbough to reason.

I can kinda relate
my poppy died of alzeimers

he loved me sooo much...he would take me aside and tell me how special I am ALL the time

then he started to deteriorate

he began to forget us all

he began to see things that we'ren't there

it was all SOOOOO very depressing...it makes me sad that he's still not around
]
anyway...that all I wanted to say

i know that all this is about

its hard to deal with, I hope you keep your will!

My uncle's aunt died of Alzheimers...she used to always say that the nurses were stealing stuff from her, but nobody ever believed her. Turns out they actually had been! :(

My grandma had Parkinson's disease, and for about 10 years of her life I don't think she ever really knew what was going on around her. Her heart and organs were very strong, but her mind just wasn't there. :( I felt so bad for my mom and her sisters. It's so sad what these disease can do to people- it makes me fear getting older.

We seem to leave this world in a similar state as to which we arrive.

Nice post bear... I love your heart.

Hey deathbear, (or anyone else) have you ever read Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom? It's a very real, tender, and somewhat uplifting book that takes a look at aging and dying. I loved it. It makes you look at aging and dying in a whole different light.

Back
Top Bottom