This is probably my favorite rap song!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks laz! I saw Greatest Hits and Essential on amazon but didn't see Anthology. Will have to look for it. Yeah, Essential does look overwhelming!

Zoots! 90s rap music is a specialty of mine. I don't even know where to start talking about it! Here are some random thoughts:

1. Jesus, I loved The KLF. Thanks for posting that video. (although, what happened to the video where they're all wearing robes and doing this strange KLF dance?) :drool:

2. My favorite Arrested D. song is 'Revolution.'

3. DeLa Soul is one of the greatest rap groups ever. 3 Feet High and Rising is one of the best rap albums ever made, and the follow-up, DeLa Soul Is Dead, was excellent too. Definitely check them out.

4. DeLa's 'cousins,' Black Sheep, are another favorite rap group of mine. Check out the songs "Flavor of the Month" and "The Choice Is Yours."

5. Bubba Sparxxx is my favorite rapper of all time. Yes, he does some bitches and ho's type of music, but a lot of his music is straight up southern cookin that sounds so good. I strongly recommend his album Deliverance. :drool:

6. Cypress Hill were another one of my favorites in the 90s. Their greatest hits is good, though I straight up prefer listening to their first two albums in their entirety.

7. Eric B. and Rakim made some of the greatest rap music ever if you're looking for something with great rhymes without the swearing, drugs, and ho's.

Other favorites of mine: Boogie Down Productions and KRS-One, Redhead Kingpin and the FBI, Six Mix-a-Lot (esp. his SWASS album), Bone Thugs-N-Harmony (esp. their first album), EPMD, Dig Plans, 3rd Bass, Big Daddy Kane, Kool Moe Dee, NWA, Stetsasonic, 2 Live Crew... God, I miss those days... :heart:

Last edited:
More suggestions! Thanks NSW and HG! :)

I think I may have one Tribe Called Quest song in a CD somewhere. Haven't heard it in ages! Will have to listen to samples online too.

HG, I am familiar with some of the stuff you mentioned... Black Sheep's The Choice Is Yours, Cypress Hill's Cock The Hammer, Bone Thugs n Harmony's Tha Crossroads. Sooooo 90s! :wink:

yertle-the-turtle said:
I only know 'Jazz (We Got)' from Low End Theory but I can listen to it all day.

Maybe you've also heard of Can I Kick It? It has a sample of Lou Reed's Walk On The Wild Side

Jazz samples + rap = some cool stuff.

Indeed. :up: It's also good to mention Guru's Jazzmatazz series. Jazz (no samples) + rap + intelligent lyrics = very cool stuff.

Back
Top Bottom