This Is Odd...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
Okay, check it.

This has happened 3 times now. The 1st time, I thought, well, that was weird. The 2nd time, I thought, wow...what a coincidence! The 3rd time, I thought, okay, why the hell is it doing this??

Last night, I was sitting on the loveseat, watchin' TV. Then all of the sudden, the picture started getting scrambled, and there were voices coming from the TV that sounded like guys talkin' on walkie talkie's or something (I also heard it come out of the computer speakers once too). Then, the lamp behind me next to the computer turns on by itself. When I go to turn off the lamp, I discover that the computer is frozen. I try Ctrl+Alt+Del, but I have to just turn off the main power button on the tower. When I turn the tower back on though, the computer just goes back to the screen it was at when it was frozen; I have to unplug the computer to get it to boot.

Anybody else have this problem ever? It's never happened during a storm or anything...the weather has always been nice when it's happened! :scratch:

Last edited:
My tv and computer always talk to me.

Hi. How are you?

They talk to us all, I think, but how many of us take the time to really listen?

;)

In all seriousness, I had problems like that sometimes when I lived in Kentucky (in the middle of nowhere).

meegannie said:

In all seriousness, I had problems like that sometimes when I lived in Kentucky (in the middle of nowhere).

It freaks me out! Especially when it happened last week...I was sittin' in the dark, watchin' a creepy show, and then the TV signal goes haywire, I hear strange voices, and a lamp suddenly comes on. Thank God I didn't have to go to the bathroom!!! :huh:

it's dem lasers

ghost.jpg

Yeah, I used to hear them through the cordless phone sometimes. :huh: Once I was at my parent's house alone for a week while my dad and stepmom were in Vegas and my brother's tv came on by itself at 3am with the volume all the way up. It scared me to death!! I haven't had any problems like that living in the DC area, though. I think it had something to do with the electricity out in the country or maybe all the trees. :confused: :shrug:

YES!!!! That happened once to me too!

I'm watching TV at home, and all of a sudden, it starts making crackling & buzzing sounds and two male voices are heard talking and their voices were phone-like muffled.
I heard that cell phones can get messy with TV sometimes...

Don't go into the light

At Bonochick's house this scene from Poltergeist would sound like something like this:

Dad: Sweetie, remember last night, do you remember when you woke up and you said they're here.
Bonochick: Uh-huh.
Dad: Well, who did you mean? Who's here?
Bonochick: The TV people.
Dad: (thinking to himself) *she's spent too much time at interference I knew this would happen eventually*

Dad: TV people?
Bonochick: Uh-huh.
Dad: Do you see them?
Bonochick: Uh-huh. Do you?

:eeklaugh:

Do you live near an airport or Mil base. My grand mother does and her TV picks it up and it sounds like two people talking in the ATC tower but I do not know if it is enough to affect your power supply and lock your machine. You may have a cross power issue. Like a source that sucks your power from your area and causes the surge (so to speak). Maybe you should call the power company and see if anyone else has had that problem or come out and take a look and test your line. If there are no problems I would call an old preist and a young priest and get rid of all the pea soup in the house.

Ghosts wont hurt ya. They probably have no idea what they are doing.
I hate dolls. I used to have one that was wind-up. Sometimes it would start on its own. It wouldnt wind down all the way so every now and then it would just start playing music and turning slowly. It freaked me out so I got rid of it.

BC: Dad, it happened again...I think our house is haunted.

BC's Dad: You're just paranoid. You think your hamster hates you, for cryin' out loud!!!!

BC: Well, he does.

BC's Dad: He does not! You just got him, let me get used to you.

BC: But...

BC's Dad: And the house is not haunted!

Back
Top Bottom