this is disgusting - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2001, 11:32 AM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 02:38 PM
this is disgusting

I just received this email:

"Dear Travis,

We must speak with you. I don’t usually take the time out to write a personal note, Travis, but your name was provided by someone you had recently spoken to. We believe your vibrations to be so strong that I’ve endorsed a free Tarot reading with one of our elite psychics! It’s urgent, however, that you call immediately—I can only reserve this number for a limited time.

Travis, we sensed that your connection is likely to be unusually strong, especially in the very near future. It is vital that you call us right away to optimize the results of your reading. There’s not much time!

With love and prayers,

Miss Cleo

P.S. Please do not share this number with anyone—it is meant only for you, Travis. However, you must call soon—we can only reserve this number for a short time. Call toll-free *bla-bla-bla* right now!"

Fellow human beings pretending to care, trying to play with your emotions and manipulate you into giving them money.

Sorry for making the topic subject so vague.. I should have been more descriptive than just "this is disgusting."

---------------------
"It's who you know that gets you through
the gates of that mansion."

[This message has been edited by travu2 (edited 08-10-2001).]

Old 08-10-2001, 11:38 AM   #2
I Serve Larry's Stick

Local Time: 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by travu2:
I just received this email:

"Dear Travis,

We must speak with you. I don’t usually take the time out to write a personal note, Travis, but your name was provided by someone you had recently spoken to. We believe your vibrations to be so strong that I’ve endorsed a free Tarot reading with one of our elite psychics! It’s urgent, however, that you call immediately—I can only reserve this number for a limited time.

Travis, we sensed that your connection is likely to be unusually strong, especially in the very near future. It is vital that you call us right away to optimize the results of your reading. There’s not much time!

With love and prayers,

Miss Cleo

P.S. Please do not share this number with anyone—it is meant only for you, Travis. However, you must call soon—we can only reserve this number for a short time. Call toll-free *bla-bla-bla* right now!"

Fellow human beings pretending to care, trying to play with your emotions and manipulate you into giving them money.

Isn't she already being sued for this crap?

------------------
"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"I was in charge of this band for two days. Two days was all I lasted." -- Larry

"There's a lot of people that expect a lot of things from U2, and people will never get what they expect." -- Bono, 1982

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Old 08-10-2001, 11:45 AM   #3
The Fly

I don't know. I kind of hope so. She/they are not doing anything illegal (as far as I know) but it's pretty pathetic. And there are some people who are more emotionally vulnerable to this kinda thing, ya know?

------------------
"I'm off to work!"

me
Old 08-10-2001, 02:36 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

You should feel honore Travis, she wrote to you personally(and that doesn't usually happen!) and you have STRONG vibrations.
Whip out that Visa card man and give her a call!

------------------
The joker is the best card.
Old 08-10-2001, 04:07 PM   #5
Bad Daddy Johnny

HOW COULD SHE!!?!?! She lied to me, I got that exact same email. She fooled me, I feel so used. Miss Cleo, you iz not keppin' it real mon! You are evil!!!!!!

------------------
This post brought to you by: Bono "God have mercy, you're a hopeless guitar player! You even make me feel better, you son of a bitch!"

AIM: JuanSwallow
Old 08-10-2001, 07:14 PM   #6
Banned

Local Time: 06:38 AM
Oh geez, i'm so sorry...
Old 08-13-2001, 05:47 PM   #7
Refugee

Ugh. Anything containing the word vibrations freaks me out, just to start with.

------------------
Your earth moves beneath your own dream landscape
Old 08-13-2001, 11:50 PM   #8
Refugee

hahaha scattero

I was expecting a post about body odour or something..
seriously though, money can do anything, it makes people stop considering what their actions could do to others.it;s really pathetic and i hope her business fails
Old 08-14-2001, 02:50 AM   #9
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
HOW COULD SHE!!?!?! She lied to me, I got that exact same email. She fooled me, I feel so used. Miss Cleo, you iz not keppin' it real mon! You are evil!!!!!!

Yeah, I know how you feel, but if she would just ask for me to contact her during one of her commercials, all would be forgiven..
"Travis! I know you iz out dere watchin' me right now! Call me before dat number expires!!"
Old 08-14-2001, 05:55 PM   #10
War Child

Local Time: 10:38 AM
Aww Travis, I actually got two emails just like that only she didn't call me Travis!

Stupid pathetic crap. Harking for money. I don't give a crap. I don't believe in psychics and don't waste my money on them...but oh wait, she claims to be free, so hmmm...NAHHHH

tania

------------------
All I Want Is You (2)