this is a warning, guys.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
i told you ages ago to remember your roots, and spell the way the queen, the bbc and the cbc do.

a refresher:

color does not equal a word. colour does.
behaviour not behavior
neighbourhood/neighbour not neighborhood/neighbor
flavour not flavor
favour not favor
theatre not theater
centre not center

as for words such as customize, randomize, hospitalize, and epitomize please consider replacing the "ize" with "ise" for it is less savage, and more refined.
i trust if you drink wine, you don't ask for the "freshest bottle in stock"?
it's the same thing.

words such as programme, tonne, gramme, etc. may be stupidified as per usual, but i ask you once again kindly to reconsider and begin incorporating proper lettering.

i'd also like to point out at this time that when one issues payment to another party for goods or services executed in terms of writing a specific number in a specific currency on a paper roughly the same size as a bank note, it is called a cheque - not a check.

when you look round your home for a missing item, you're checking the different rooms for the lost particular.

but when you write out a specific financial term, you're not checking anything. you're issuing a cheque. they're not the same. they're different, as i already pointed out how, in a precise manner no less.

with that said, if you want to continue looking like mindless savages, then please - be my guest and write in a way that would be insulting to the queen.

but if you want to carry yourself with pomp, courage and esteem such as myself and the rest of the members of the holy british empire, i recommend adding your "u's", switching your "er's", and joining me in saluting our very pale leader in the wildest, most delirious way you can manage in your own rite.

god save the queen, and our english.

I would like to add that if I suspect that anyone typing the word 'sixth' is pronouncing it 'sickth', I will hunt them down and kill them with my bear* hands. :)

*good for mauling

what about chubster? is that still ok? :sad:

ps thank god for some sanity on the cheque. you lace up your skates and hit the ice, big boy, and i'll give you a check. you want loot? i'll give you a cheque. a nice rubbery one at that.

Also, Her Majesty the Queen does not stand in a line-up. She stands in a queue.* I realise that this is not related to improper spelling, as such, but it is no less important.

Little known fact: you can be jailed in Canada for startling the Queen.

Yes. It is a crime for being improper. I'm looking at you, America.

If we get into pronunciation, there's a whole can of worms there. Leiutenant vs. Leftenant? lol.

But a word like Center makes sense to me, though, phonetically. Why put the "r" before the second "e"? :der:

Also, Her Majesty the Queen does not stand in a line-up. She stands in a queue.* I realise that this is not related to improper spelling, as such, but it is no less important.

agreed. fortunately in europe queue isn't such a "foreign" word amongst english speaking people, and in canada it's not too out of place to say it either. at least, not in my part anyway.

what also pisses me off is "cell-phone". where the fuck does bono get off calling it that all the time? i only learnt what it really meant, recently.

how many of you fully understand what it means to call a mobile, a cell phone?

i'm most curious.

even tupac called it a mobile in "changes", bitches.

i had a dream last night that the beloved union jack that flies back home in my town, was replaced by the american flag. i went absolutely mental and attacked people with water balloons/guns. really, that was my dream.

if i find that to be true when i get home, i will indeed attack people with water soaking devices.

yesterday is the new tomorrow, guys.

while some of this is tongue in cheek, i'll properly explain why i'm going off on all this shortly.

has something to do with canadians being "uber-canadian" and "anti-american", which i think is utter bullshit. most of the canadians i know back home who cheer loudest when canada wins a hockey tournament that's meaningless to everyone else in the world, are more influenced by american culture than anyone else i know.

while some of this is tongue in cheek, i'll properly explain why i'm going off on all this shortly.

has something to do with canadians being "uber-canadian" and "anti-american", which i think is utter bullshit. most of the canadians i know back home who cheer loudest when canada wins a hockey tournament that's meaningless to everyone else in the world, are more influenced by american culture than anyone else i know.

That's a good point you make. I'm an immigrant, so perhaps I find it easier to pick up on this than the average Canadian does. But honestly, even though I am living in a Commonwealth nation that features the Queen on its currency and the Union Jack on a number of provincial flags, I don't think I would notice much of a difference if I were to cross the border. That's not meant as an insult to Canada (or America) at all - it's just a simple observation. I often joke about how nice it is that Canada upolds its Commonwealth heritage, but really...come on. Most Canadians don't even know the first thing about cricket, for god's sake!

I still say people should use proper English, though, because I'm anal like that.

as long as I can continue to say "aluminum" instead of the utterly ridiculous, extra-syllabled, "aluminium" :angry:

I'm totally doing the flirt smiley!

excellent. i'm glad i made a new blog with a reference to you in it... if anyone deserved it today, it was you.

if i met you in a bar, i'd definitely give you a few quarters towards your next drink. i want you to know that.

I only drink expensive red wine. You might have to up that offer to a few toonies.

The only reason I'm at all happy about Canada jumping on the football bandwagon with the Toronto FC, is because it means the availability of the chip butty* is bound to increase.

*: french fries** in a sandwich for ease of consumption and decrease of mess and garbage.

**: freedom fries

Sorry, I was on my cell phone with my neighbor. Can someone do me a favor and inform me of what's been going on here?

Sorry, I was on my cell phone with my neighbor. Can someone do me a favor and inform me of what's been going on here?

As far as I can gather, Zoomerang is hatin' on Americans' supposed perversion of the English language ... 'cause apparently, he ain't know how to appreciate a lil' variety or flavor in his stuffy world.

His pompous ass would rather try and re-program our "inferior" linguistic behaviors and speech patterns, spelling, etc. to conform to the Queen's English.

If you ask me, he's come to epitomize the haughty, stuck-up Eurobastards that looks down on Americans just because we've made a conscious choice to customize the English language to our liking. If he ever comes 'round to our neighborhood with that attitude, he'll surely get his ass hospitalized (and/or sodomized)!

The sad part is, a lot of folks here have lined up in order to stroke his already bloated ego by reaffirming his stance on the matter. Except Redrocks, who seems to have randomized the issue at hand by bringing up the aspect of pronunciation--I don't know what that's about.

Finally, Zoomerang had sunk to all-time low by centering his predatory focus on poor Gibsongirl. In fact, I think he may want to "color" with her (that's a "Sex in the City" reference, hehe, in case you haven't seen the movie in theaters yet). He says he'd like to take her out on a date and spend a few quarters on her, but, shizat, I highly doubt playa could write a check out for a dime without bouncing it.

Hope I've managed to catch you up things. :wink:

As far as I can gather, Zoomerang is hatin' on Americans' supposed perversion of the English language ... 'cause apparently, he ain't know how to appreciate a lil' variety or flavor in his stuffy world.

His pompous ass would rather try and re-program our "inferior" linguistic behaviors and speech patterns, spelling, etc. to conform to the Queen's English.

If you ask me, he's come to epitomize the haughty, stuck-up Eurobastards that looks down on Americans just because we've made a conscious choice to customize the English language to our liking. If he ever comes 'round to our neighborhood with that attitude, he'll surely get his ass hospitalized (and/or sodomized)!

The sad part is, a lot of folks here have lined up in order to stroke his already bloated ego by reaffirming his stance on the matter. Except Redrocks, who seems to have randomized the issue at hand by bringing up the aspect of pronunciation--I don't know what that's about.

Finally, Zoomerang had sunk to all-time low by centering his predatory focus on poor Gibsongirl. In fact, I think he may want to "color" with her (that's a "Sex in the City" reference, hehe, in case you haven't seen the movie in theaters yet). He says he'd like to take her out on a date and spend a few quarters on her, but, shizat, I highly doubt playa could write a check out for a dime without bouncing it.

:lmao:

Be careful GG, it was the anal reference that caught his attention

And it's not as if my question was really just a lead in to Zoomy ranting or anything. Well done.

Back
Top Bottom