This irks me - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 01-28-2004, 08:19 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 06:39 AM
I do.

Old 01-28-2004, 08:28 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 08:39 AM
Originally posted by StlElevation
it just stopped snowing like 10 minutes ago. it had stopped around noon but really picked up again after that.

oh yeah, ct is also good for when u2 goes on tour... able to see them in boston, new yaawk, new jersey, hartford, albany, montreal, providence....
Rhode Island's good for the same reasons.

We got maybe 6 inches here, but I'm pretty close to the water and the city. Further inland they got more than 10 inches. It's been at least flurrying all day.

Old 01-28-2004, 11:15 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 07:39 AM
Re: This irks me

Originally posted by MrBrau1
We had 10 inches of snow last nite. The radio and tv reports every damn school in the area is closed, but my girlfriend and myself are still going to work, along w/ almost everyone else. It's so dangerous out that the children must be protected, but as for the rest of us, well, it's ok if you get smashed up and hurt, just not the children.
I've mentioned that before, too, to my parents when they gripe about having to go out in snowy weather. And they said that unfortunately, adults can't take the day off because a lot of them have jobs that still need to keep going during bad weather-police and ambulance people need to be out to help those who are stranded or who've crashed (course, if everyone was home instead of driving, that wouldn't be a problem...), and hospital people will have to still work because of emergencies and stuff involving people who are there for some serious reason or other...and so on and so forth.

All the schools were closed in our area the last two days as well due to the storm when it came through here, so my sister and I spent the two days just hanging out at home, watching T.V., listening to music, etc. My dad said that we have about a foot or so of snow outside. And it's not going to warm up anytime soon, so that snow's here to stay for a while. And we have a chance of more wintery weather this weekend and next week.