This Baby's Mustache, America Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:

That's why Khan's list didn't get dropped really low as some of her songs I disliked. But they flowed better than other playlists with as many songs I disliked. Bono 212, for instance, had a lot of songs I disliked, but poor flow. That's why that list is ranked so low for me.

Cool.

What's your current rankings, BTW?

LemonMelon said:

Cool.

What's your current rankings, BTW?

Without any explanations of why:

1. LemonMelon
2. PlaTheGreat/TheRockinEdge
3. Screwtape
4, 5. PFan and Khan (I can't decide)
6. LJT
7. Bono212

I'm currently ten songs into Axver's and, big surprise, it flows well.

Axver probably won't take the top away from you, LM, because although his flow is good, so was yours. And I like more of your songs quite a bit more than I like his.

the tourist said:
Axver probably won't take the top away from you, LM, because although his flow is good, so was yours. And I like more of your songs quite a bit more than I like his.

:rockon: Axver's playlists are always killer if you have the patience for them.

LemonMelon said:

We never discussed his. What made you drop his so low?

It's not that his was necessarily low, it was just that I enjoyed others quite immensely. And, in all honesty, it was the first one I listened to, so I don't have any current examples. I wasn't extremely keen on the first disc, though, if I remember correctly. His is one that I will listen to again, though.

All in all, I don't dislike anyone's playlist. That's just the order in which I would listen to them, from my favourite to least favourite.

LemonMelon said:

:rockon: Axver's playlists are always killer if you have the patience for them.

I really dig some of it. I am afraid of the death growls, that will be coming soon, though. Oh, and if Lance doesn't get up new versions of his songs soon, his will probably end up at the bottom. On paper it already looks like it has very little flow--I can hardly imagine what it'd be like with 5 songs missing. :huh:

At this moment, I'd rank Axver's as either 2nd or 3rd. Or even with PTE/TRE.

the tourist said:
Oh, and if Lance doesn't get up new versions of his songs soon, his will probably end up at the bottom. On paper it already looks like it has very little flow--I can hardly imagine what it'd be like with 5 songs missing. :huh:
yeah. i think a few people have had quite a few missing songs, right?

the tourist said:

It's not that his was necessarily low, it was just that I enjoyed others quite immensely. And, in all honesty, it was the first one I listened to, so I don't have any current examples. I wasn't extremely keen on the first disc, though, if I remember correctly. His is one that I will listen to again, though.

All in all, I don't dislike anyone's playlist. That's just the order in which I would listen to them, from my favourite to least favourite.

You gave his a C, right? That's not so bad. My grading system is like this:

(A+) As close to perfect as possible
(A) Fantastic
(A-) Really, really great
(B+) Great
(B) Very good
(B-) Flawed, but good
(C+) Above average
(C) Average
(C-) Below average
(D+) Poor
(D) Terrible
(D-) Nearly unlistenable
(F) Epic fail

LemonMelon said:

You gave his a C, right? That's not so bad. My grading system is like this:

(A+) As close to perfect as possible
(A) Fantastic
(A-) Really, really great
(B+) Great
(B) Very good
(B-) Flawed, but good
(C+) Above average
(C) Average
(C-) Below average
(D+) Poor
(D) Terrible
(D-) Nearly unlistenable
(F) Epic fail

I honestly don't remember what I gave him. If I had to make a guess at what I gave him, it was a C+, but I don't feel like looking through the archives.

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah. i think a few people have had quite a few missing songs, right?

That's kind of a big deal to me. :shrug: Presentation can be key. (Also with the individual upload songs)

the tourist said:
That's kind of a big deal to me. :shrug: Presentation can be key. (Also with the individual upload songs)
same here. i don't see how it takes such a long time to give everything a quick once-over and make sure none of your tracks are protected. and then when it comes to uploading, to create zip files so people don't have to click on ~40 links.

random picture time:

here's where i park every day at work:
293323752_742cc7cb7e_o.jpg

KhanadaRhodes said:

same here. i don't see how it takes such a long time to give everything a quick once-over and make sure none of your tracks are protected. and then when it comes to uploading, to create zip files so people don't have to click on ~40 links.

Yeah. At this point I haven't downloaded the two people's lists that have all the individual links.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i haven't bothered going back to the site yet since rounds 3 and up have been posted. have any others like that been posted?

I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom