This Baby's Mustache, America Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:

:lol: Just as I posted that other picture. In the first one, the building at left is the netball part of the centre.

Meanwhile, here is short final approach to Wellington

IMG_1147.jpg

Oooh, sweet. :up:

coolian2 said:

:laugh:

Even the much loved by Melbourne sport of league is getting a nice new stadium!

Cool pic.

:lol: I know. The weirdest part is how Australia's actually not bad at hockey. The way Aussies flock around a winner, you'd think they'd have taken to hockey enough to warrant a bit more of a venue than that!

The route 55 has a fairly steep climb in Royal Park alongside the Zoo up to the State Netball And Hockey Centre.

s640x480

Pedestrian crossing over the route 55 tramway in Royal Park. The other side of this crossing is a really great spot for photographing trams.

s640x480

coolian2 said:
Wow, i just realised it's cold here.

Time for some socks.

I've got slippers on. It's not really cold enough for them tonight, as it seems some warmth has briefly returned to Melbourne, but they're comfortable.

Here's where the route 55 tramway passes under the Upfield railway line in Royal Park by the Melbourne Zoo.

I'd LOVE to get a photo of a tram going under as a train goes over. I've been IN a tram when that happened, just a few nights ago.

s640x480

Here's a Comeng electric multiple unit crossing the aforeshown bridge.

Is it just me, or does Comeng sound like it SHOULD be dirty?

s640x480

coolian2 said:

Just north of Christchurch

Ahh, right. It looked rugged enough that I thought perhaps it was the southern part of the North Island, where the Orongorongo River reaches Cook Strait.

coolian2 said:

It's been a very nice day with hardly a cloud in the sky, mild evening but it's gone cold now.

It was a pretty nice day today. I forgot to check the weather forecast before I left for uni so I wore too warm clothing for it! We got up to 25.3C.

Axver said:

Ahh, right. It looked rugged enough that I thought perhaps it was the southern part of the North Island, where the Orongorongo River reaches Cook Strait.

I've been meaning to look up where i actually took that picture, but i almost prefer the mystery.

Well, i don't. But i'm lazy.

coolian2 said:
I can't say this is my best shot, but river beds like this are Epic Win.

IMG_1131-1.jpg

I agree entirely. I love the braided rivers of the Canterbury Plains. The Rakaia River is nuts. New Zealand's longest railway bridge crosses it.

coolian2 said:

I've been meaning to look up where i actually took that picture, but i almost prefer the mystery.

Well, i don't. But i'm lazy.

:lol:

I'm guessing somewhere in northern Canterbury beyond Waipara?

Axver said:

It was a pretty nice day today. I forgot to check the weather forecast before I left for uni so I wore too warm clothing for it! We got up to 25.3C.

I look out the window for a weather forecast because we have such variable weather here.

It's not a particularly effective method, i've found.

A C class tram cruising along Collins Street towards Spencer Street.

s640x480

coolian2 said:

I look out the window for a weather forecast because we have such variable weather here.

It's not a particularly effective method, i've found.

:lol: The weather is wildly variable here, but the Bureau of Meteorology know what they're doing and I rarely find their daily maximum predictions are off. It's just WHEN the daily maximum comes! 10am? 2pm? 7pm? The Bureau sometimes at least advises when it may be, if it's going to be an especially unusual time (like one day when we hit 38 or so at 10:30am and proceeded to enjoy a day in the mid-20s).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom