This Baby's Mustache, America Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Yeah, most people don't know. Hell, I didn't even know until my early teenage years that my albinism and vision were connected!

See i didnt even know it was a condition :reject: I just thought that was what people who were abnormally white were called :reject:

coolian2 said:
Here's the Village Green at QEII Park, a great cricket ground.

IMG_1014.jpg

Hey, cool, looks pretty low key and traditional.

Axver said:

:lol: I hope it was at least one of those cases where it had more stands and they were taken away after the event. Because otherwise that would have just looked ridiculous.

Considering the old, dodgy Mt Smart Stadium held the games in 1990, i think that QEII Park would have been remembered fondly.

Mt Smart was a tip in the early 90s.

coolian2 said:
And now we move on to the largely derelict Rugby League Park in Christchurch.

IMG_1024.jpg

Hah, I didn't even know they had one.

I've always thought that there should be two Kiwi teams in the NRL. The North Island Warriors and the South Island Whatevers.

I don't even have to do a match report this Saturday friends, so I'm free all day. :)

But 8:30pm is NOT midnight :sad:

What did you guys do for the hours beforehand?

check your pms jen :)

Axver said:

I'll think about it. I just had so much fun hanging out with you lot. Are you planning to do dinner and stuff beforehand?

yeah hopefully have a bite to eat, there is a group from another message board who are going to pj o'malleys either before or after the show,

Axver said:

Hah, I didn't even know they had one.

I've always thought that there should be two Kiwi teams in the NRL. The North Island Warriors and the South Island Whatevers.

Wellington is the natural choice for another NZ NRL team, imo.

Then well down the line, a third team in Christchurch.

Meanwhile, heaven on earth...
IMG_0792.jpg

COBL_04 said:

Hopefully you can make it mate I'd like to meet you.

plus i have bowie mixes.

And I can force-feed Australian Football down your throat :wink:

:lol:

My main thing is that it's, what, $20 or something. I'm on a pretty tight budget here, and if I were getting the proper 3D experience I'd probably splurge, but I'm not, so it really makes me think twice.

But I'm disappointed I didn't get to meet you last night, and I'd love to see Jen and cin again. And Ali, of course, but it's not so hard to see her! Hell, I had lunch with her today. And had a lecture and a tutorial at university with the Maj.

COBL_04 said:
I don't even have to do a match report this Saturday friends, so I'm free all day. :)

I don't see how 8:30pm is any different to midnight. It's not as if Carlton gets any darker!

Beforehand, we had dinner on Lygon Street then watched the Aussie U2 Show perform at the Imax.

COBL_04 said:

hung out in the bar at imax and watched the australian u2 show ! WIN .

it was great :drool:

Axver said:

My main thing is that it's, what, $20 or something. I'm on a pretty tight budget here, and if I were getting the proper 3D experience I'd probably splurge, but I'm not, so it really makes me think twice.

But I'm disappointed I didn't get to meet you last night, and I'd love to see Jen and cin again. And Ali, of course, but it's not so hard to see her! Hell, I had lunch with her today. And had a lecture and a tutorial at university with the Maj.

Dooo it

I'm on a veeery tight budget as well but there's no way I'm missing it.

anyone know how to make cds import quicker on itunes?? its taking like a minute per track.

COBL_04 said:

See i didnt even know it was a condition :reject: I just thought that was what people who were abnormally white were called :reject:

:lol: Don't worry. If I come on Saturday, you can compare someone who's just pale, i.e. cin, to me. :wink:

ANYBODY looks like they've got plenty of colour standing next to me.

coolian2 said:

Wellington is the natural choice for another NZ NRL team, imo.

Then well down the line, a third team in Christchurch.

Oh, yeah, Wellington probably is, but 1. I don't want one in Wellington :wink: and 2. the South Island shouldn't be left out. They are the Mainland, after all!

coolian2 said:

Have you been to the cricket museum there?

Holy fuck, it's awesome.

NO.

I've been to multiple cricket games there - including the first time I ever went to a sporting game of any notable level - but never to the museum. I don't even have a good explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom