Thirteen Senses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maro_chik

Refugee
I saw an ad on the back of Q magazine for this band, so I thought I'd check out a few of their tunes. The ad says they have "the ambition of Radiohead with the melodies of Coldplay."

...I'll agree with that. They have a pretty mellow sound; I'll have to hear a few more songs though before I decide whether or not to buy the cd.

Has anyone else heard them? Or does anyone have the cd 'The Invitation' and would like to give a quick review? :flirt:

I bought the album after hearing 'Into The Fire' on the radio.
It's a good album...if you like what you've heard, the chances are you'll like all of it. Nice and mellow :) I'm glad I bought it :)

I saw them live in Edinburgh a couple of months ago. It wasn't a great gig for few reasons. The place had no atmosphere as was half full and far to many of their songs are too ballady and piano based. The singer sounds a bit bland in most of their songs. That said Into the Fire is a great song and the encore of Thru the Glass was brilliant (mainly because he left the piano and picked up the guitar!) Their album is quite good but it hasn't been in my CD player since that night.

Back
Top Bottom