Thirsty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
http://www.inspiredliving.com/health/a~coke.htm

FACTS ABOUT COKE:

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.

9. Coke will also clean road haze from your windshield.

10. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

11. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

12. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years! Now t! he question is, would you like a coke or a glass of water?

FACTS ABOUT WATER

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzz short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

I got this emailed to me last year some time. I tell you though, I went through a phase of drinking 8 glasses of water a day and I didn't feel any more engergetic :grumpy:
Mind you, I WAS pregnant at the time :lol:

A can of pepsi did the pick-me-up though!

pepsi :drool:

i don't think i could ever drink 8 cups of water a day...i'd feel like i was drowning. i barely can finish one bottle of water unless i'm really hot and thirsty.

i usually drink on average, 2 bottles (or cans) of pepsi a day :uhoh:

Last edited:
We did an experiment in year 2, the age of losing teeth. A kind volunteer brought in 2 teeth, we left one in a glass of water and one in a glass of coke.
Someome must have stolen the tooth in the coke though cos it was missing after 2 days!
:shifty:

hehe

I've actually tried the coke and battery thing.

I'm one of those people who brings a jug of water to work every day. I find that I do drink a lot of water when I have it available (i.e., I do get thirsty during the day), but if I drink too much, I have to pee every five to ten minutes. There's no way I could handle eight glasses without driving myself crazy with frequent trips to the bathroom. I wish they'd come out with a more accurate chart of water needs depending on body type, body size, and physical activity level.

Coke also removes battery acid from the top of your battery :| Yes, I tried it.

bonosgirl84 said:
i think abel works for pepsi
and that's why she's spreading all these scary coke rumors. :shifty:

haha i wish...then i'd have free pepsi for life :lol:

actually, i think the ingredients of coke and pepsi are pretty much the same :shrug:

Im become a Vanilla Coke girl....Im talking with EVERYTHING!

I barely drink water.........some days I dont drink water at all! :silent:

but they say next time you're thirsty, think twice before reaching for that sexy shaped plastic bottle.

:yikes:

Last edited:
I drink several glasses of water a day, one or two cans of soda or ice tea, and a glass of milk once every other day. I drink a lot everyday.

I can't understand how people can drink just two cans of soda for the whole day. I would be sooooo thirsty if I did that, and drinking too much soda makes me feel dehydrated anyways.

Today I have drank pure orange juice, 2 glasses of water and a bottle of water. Ill be drinking more though my throats killing me

Back
Top Bottom