Third Eye Blind

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
So, I'm sitting here listening to LAUNCHcast, and 3EB's first single, "Semi-Charmed Life" comes on and that old nails down the chalkboard "doo doo doo do do doodoo" is flogging my brain and all my better judgement, and I'm forced to remember the summer of 1997 when I went to a big radio station concert fest where Barenaked Ladies, Verve Pipe, Poe and 3EB were playing. The audience liked "Semi," but didn't care about the rest.. the lead singer, Stephen Jenkins, was un-enthused about the less than loving reception...

After the show, my sister and I wait by the Meet & Greet press tent at the back of the ampitheater to see who might be hanging around... Brian Vander Ark from the Verve Pipe is just standing outside, pleasantly talking to fans and taking the scenery in. BNL are playing their cover of a Spice Girls song, and Brian bobs his head while signing autographs. He has to be about 6'5" and like I said, very pleasant. He and I walked around the food court a couple times talking about North Carolina and the VP's current tour, and their song, "The Freshman." He has to get back to the press tent, so we hug and he leaves. I'm still holding the beer he bought for me, so I stand against the fence drinking it when a really snarly slighty-handsome man exits the press tent.

The guy was about 5'9" and screaming to no one in particular to get him an umbrella so he could "sit the fuck down, in the shade and not be bothered." This man, ladies and gentlemen, was Stephen Jenkins. I move out of his way bc he was about to bean me against the fence with his dramatic arm gestures. I wince, and he, unfortunately sees this. "What's your fucking problem? Are you waiting for me? Can't you give me some room?"

"Uh. No. I wasn't waiting for you. I'm waiting for my sister."

"Who the hell is your sister? Is she famous?"

"No! She's in the bathroom!"

"Oh, that's a shame. Would you mind getting out of the way, then? I really don't feel like talking."

I scoff and walk off. Brian Vander Ark sees this go down and he shakes his head and disbelief, pointing at Jenkins and giving a thumbs down with his hand. I laugh and move closer into the food court.

The next time I see Jenkins, he is opening for U2. :tsk:

Now, I'm not sure if his attitude hasn't gotten any better, or how many innocent by-standers he has offended while gracing the public with his presence, but I had read he is selling tix to 3EB's upcoming tour in support of their new album on eBay. I thought that was mighty odd for a mediocre band and a surly lead singer. Just today, I see tix are on Ticketmaster, so perhaps the grand scheme didn't work. :shrug:

Are any of you fans of this band?

Last edited:
Not now, not ever. The thing I dislike the most, is when you purchase U2 stuff on some online music sites, they make "similar music suggestions"... which usually comes up as Third Eye Blind and Better than Ezra.

I say boo to that.

I went to one of their shows once because a coworker of mine won tickets from the radio and needed someone to go with. It was very funny. The lead singer guy had a big-time Jesus complex and the audience was wholly made up of Abercrombie and Fitch wearing 16 year olds trying desperately to be cool and rock without looking out of control. bwahahaha. Oh, btw, i don't like 3eb.

nope. not a fan, Noodle.
What an ass...that Brian dude sounded really nice but my god...that Stephen guy IS an ASS. I can't believe he spoke to you that way. And the fact that he could have hit you. :yell: I would have sued his lame ass.
I'm convinced Third Eye should have never gotten a record contract. Period. :up:
This Stephen fucknut also tried to stir up shit with Pearl Jam...Pearl Jam just laughed right back. What an ass :rolleyes:
Thanks for the memories, hon..quite entertaining. :hug:

i used to like them. when i started listening to music other than the beatles "semi-charmed life" was really big, and i did like it, and i liked the third eye blind for a while. eventually they started to get boring, i don't like them anymore. and i've read too many articles and accounts of jenkins being a jackass to have any respect for the band. there are bands i can respect even if i don't like their music, but bad treatment of fans and just people in general who aren't famous is :down: and as much as i would like to seperate the music from the attitude, i can't help but lose respect for bands i like when tehy act like asses on a regualr basis.

last time i heard some of their stuff (after not hearing it for a while) i still liked some of the songs like "graduate" and "hwo's it gonna be" and a few tracks off blue but i wouldn't call myself a fan.

Re: Re: Third Eye Blind

brettig said:

Would anyone want to admit they are after reading that? :uhoh:

You like, them don't you??

Ha ha!

nelson2.gif

Re: Re: Third Eye Blind

brettig said:

Would anyone want to admit they are after reading that? :uhoh:

Why not? I'm a fan of some of their songs.. :shrug: I wouldn't rag on someone if they're a fan.. I had just been inspired to write out my story that hearing "Semi-Charmed Life" reminded me of. I'm sorry if it came out wrong. :(

I actually detest them myself (despite what meegannie may claim :p) so don't worry, yeah I was just having a little giggle at the way you worded it! No harm done. :)

brettig said:
I actually detest them myself (despite what meegannie may claim :p) so don't worry, yeah I was just having a little giggle at the way you worded it! No harm done. :)

Cool :hug:

At another message board, a friend of mine posted to say that she won first prize in a contest, which was a spot at Third Eye Blind's CD release party.

Somebody's response?

"Out of curiosity...was second place 2 spots at the CD Release party?..."

:lmao:

coming from a guy who just said afi is a bunch of freaks, i find that comment really amusing...especially if you are serious....if you were serious you'd probably be calling them 3eb, not TEB :wink:

unless that's the abbrevviation they're going by these days :shrug:

I'm not a fan but I like their album "Blue." I like their first guitarist's stuff b/c he represents what the Edge tries to put across in terms of guitar playing (except in his own distinct style).

I like their new song (lyrics are iffy for me though), Blinded.

Saw them live and I think Jenkins has stage presence but musically they were unimpressive (their "sort of new" guitarist was fast though).

Wow... rock stars being jerks. Never heard of that one before...LOL.

Semi-Charmed Life is brilliant song. Too bad overkill helped bring it down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom