Thinking about buying a Macintosh.... am I making a mistake? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 12-24-2004, 10:30 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 05:06 PM
Thanks a lot Pepokiss! Just a couple of questions:

How good is the Garage Band?

Is the assistance to the Macs a bit more expensive?

Old 12-25-2004, 01:06 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 04:06 PM
Garage band is good... not thaaaaaaaat good, but it's good for a start... a lot of sounds and instruments

About the assistance... it might be a little expensive, because is a Mac, and you can't send a Mac to any computer shop, but you'll know for sure that they'll get the job done real good

Old 12-25-2004, 07:36 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 01:06 PM
I work in the Graphic Arts field. Apple is the primary format used. If you are planning to go into the Advertising Business you'll see a lot of Macs.

If you want a easy to use computer you can't go wrong with a Mac.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:07 PM   #19
Local Time: 03:06 PM
they're no Commodore 64's....
Old 12-26-2004, 09:15 PM   #20
War Child
Local Time: 02:06 PM
I'm studying media and Mac is the only computer I will use, I have a powerbook G4 and love it!!!

Seriously though, I've had this computer for about 3 years now, and have never gotten a virus, spyware, spam, or pop-ups. It's also a much more stable system, the computer has freezed on me maybe two times...

On the media side of things, macs come with awesome programs for photo, music, video-editing, dvd... and are all integrated -- garageband is good, but like i-movie it's an amateur's program, soundtrack i hear, is much more advanced. I have final cut pro for video editing also, which is a great program. I'm friends with a few photographers in the area, and I know a few people at an advertising agency and they all have macs.

Money side of things -- I'd get a powerbook G4 which will run you aroud 2,000 or so with the dvd burner and such... if you want something real cheap you can get an ibook for 999, but i'd stick with the powerbook -- they are much cooler. And as for support which is like 299 or something like that for a 3 year warranty (which includes all damages to the computer). I'd also suggest getting .mac which includes a email, your own homepage, backup stuff, free games... etc... so ya, i guess it could get pretty pricey, but it's very much worth it...
Old 12-27-2004, 12:53 AM   #21
Local Time: 03:06 PM
Originally posted by pepokiss

PS: what's the company name... Macintosh or Apple?... or is still Apple Macintosh?
Old 12-27-2004, 01:09 AM   #22
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 03:06 AM
The Beatles are once again sueing Apple for using their brand name. Apparently last time they came to the agreement that Apple can use the name as long as they dont go into the music business..... which they now have with Itunes. So the fight for the name is on again.