Things to do when you are down in the dumps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
hey all, I need some pick me ups.

What do you do to make you feel better when you are sad?

My brain is tired from the stresses I have been under. I am tired of crying too but it seems that is all I can do.

:down:

I want out of this rut, so any tips on how to feel better will be appreciated.

thanks!

I find talking about it helps. This is a great start. Do you lack hope for happiness. Are you fearful about that big step you're making, are you lonely? Pinpointing what seems to be most insurmountable might be helpful.

For me, it usually comes down to not getting what I want. Or realizing that I haven't gotten what I've thought I deserve. Like a wife or better friends. I hope you feel better, your talents in amassing armies of Yankees should not be wasted :wink:

I know a great way of helping it. Exercise! It can be a 45-minute walk or full-on jog, sex (deathbear is always available), or a swim in the beach.

foray

I got laid off from my job. That is my problem. So yeah, all I have been doing for the past 3 days is talking about it. I have my ups and downs. Today feels like more downs than ups.

Just a lot of shit going on. I am glad I talk to friends and family but I still feel bad.

I would welcome sex with open arms. :hmm:

Where are all my male whores, when I need them.

I cuddle with my pets...watch candles burn and just think...writ poetry...watch "Wayne's World"...read music magazines...work on some of my Ryan Adams projects...

I'm still miserable most of the time lately though, so...I don't know. :lol:

:hug:

My friend's advice:

"A handful of painkillers washed down by a fifth of Jack Daniels."

Umm...don't listen to him though. :lol:

Sometimes things just take time....you have to try and keep yourself busy until all the crap blows over...I know it's easy for me to say....but I've just been through some heavy stuff myself, and I take it day by day...

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
I got laid off from my job. That is my problem. So yeah, all I have been doing for the past 3 days is talking about it. I have my ups and downs. Today feels like more downs than ups.

Just a lot of shit going on. I am glad I talk to friends and family but I still feel bad.

:hug: I have been laid off a lot and it's not fun at all! :sad: It nice to have a break from working but then it's also so stressful. Having friends and family around to talk to really helped me out.

Just think of all the U2 goodies coming out soon! :drool: That should be enough to put a smile on anyone :)

i feel really in the dumps noww, someone stole my bike two days ago and my parents are splitting up, :sad: and it jut adds up, my gawd i just feel like havin a couple drinks tonight which is what i'm plannin on doin! :slant:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

yeah but then I get sad knowing I can't afford it right now. :sad:

yeah but it's U2 and as much as I hate to charge things there's no way in hell I can afford everything coming out so I'm allowing the credit card to be dusted off and used in a few weeks. It's U2 so I won't have any guilt what so ever about charging anything. It's a NEED not want!

starsforu2 said:
Sorry about the job :hug: I do think it's a shame that you want some loving and don't have a local. Atlanta must really be good for guys, maybe I should relocate :hmm:

You're too pretty to be alone tonight :sexywink: :tsk: Dumb men in Atlanta

aww thanks. the single women out number the single men here so the pool for me is very limited. :slant:

and unless i have the cash, i am not charging a damn thing. So U2 will be on hold and it will be the one Christmas gift that I will ask for.

Last edited:
MissVelvetDress_75 said:

yeah but then I get sad knowing I can't afford it right now. :sad:

Maybe the Farm will come through for you! Then you wont have any problem! :) Did something happen to bring you down about this? You seemed to be generally in good spirits about it previously.

Last edited:
:sad: I guess since I've lived with my parents during the layoffs it hasn't been all that bad. I still had a ton of bills but was getting unemployment but I didn't have rent to pay for :sad:

:hug:

Back
Top Bottom