Things to do when you are down in the dumps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got laid off a couple of years ago also. I kind of knew it was coming but that didn't help when the boss sat me down, seemingly out of the blue, and told me my position had been eliminated. I just felt worse because I didn't do anything about exploring options for a new job before the axe came down. I really felt devastated, even though I hated working for that man and his company.

There was no quick fix for the humiliated feeling I had. I felt rejected so I tried to do things to make myself better. Instead of sleeping in, I would make myself get out of bed and I would go on really long walks. I mean 2-3 hours or more. They helped me clear my head a bit. During these long walks I would think about what I would do next and I eventually decided it would be best for me to go back to school. It also helped to hear from other people who had been laid off to see how they handled it. But mostly, it was friends, family and time that got me through.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
Just sucks to get hit with this during the holidays.

Yeah, I got sacked around Thanksgiving as well, as if I needed that knife in my back twisted a little more...

Let me tell ya, colleges love older students. There are many more grants and scholarships available to me now than when I was younger.

dandy said:
being poor during the holly-days sucks. i know, i've been there many times. :|

business school, very useful. i'm sure you'll find something great with that background.

another b-side for you bomb virgins, are you gonna wait forever:

http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=B4217C3B809756FF1573286B22EFDAA4

I don't like this song too much. I found Vertigo at the music store today and it was the other song on the CD.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
I need someone to KISS!!!! :scream: :hmm: I know where I could go for that, but I am too damn cold to get in my car and drive to town for a kiss.

there was a rumour that DaveC was looking for some action... :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom