Things that you don't like, that you're supposed to

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stories for Boys said:
:( heh...i mean...i didn't beg my parents...they just don't know...:slant:...and i don't think that people "should like" religion...it's about faith, and if you don't have it, it's not like it's "the thing to do" to go to church...i consider it more that i am looked at differently because i do believe strongly in god, and have morals that go along with that...so i guess i could add things that go against my moral beliefs to the list of things i should like but don't...

I agree with you on the idea of religion being about faith.

And with church, yeah, you're right about that-it shouldn't be "the thing" to go to church. People should go to church only if they want to, not because they're forced to by anyone else.

I think it's great if people out there are strong in their faith, and they have their beliefs and they stick to them and everything-which is what you do. I don't consider that weird at all.

Heck, I believe in God as well...but it's just that I'm just not that religious, personally.

But for those who are, great, more power to ya. :). If it makes you happy, if it's something you hold dear, that's all that matters.

Originally posted by Stories For Boys
yeah, but i'm with you on the makeup thing...if people don't want to talk to me cause i don't have gunk smeared over my face, they aren't worth my time anyway...i wear it on special occasions though, like if i'm going out...sometimes...

Yep. :yes:.

Originally posted by Stories For Boys
also, my sister yells at me cause i wear jeans and a tshirt almost every day...what does it matter what i wear? it's always clean and comfy...what else matters?

Exactly!

Geez, it's a rare occasion that I get dressed up...jeans and a comfy T-shirt work for me, too.

Your sister yells at you for that? That sucks.

Why would she care anyway? It's not her that has to wear the outfit (that's what I always say to people who freak out over what someone else wears-they aren't the ones that wear the outfit, it's not their body, so...lay off).

My sister's kinda like that, too-the thing with her is that she will comment that some part of my outfit may sometimes not match something else-first off, if I'm hanging around the house and not going anywhere, what's the big problem? Second, sometimes what I'm wearing may be the only clean thing at the moment, if my mom's doing laundry, so that's not my fault. Third...eh, yeah, it's nice if the outfit matches, but if it doesn't-it's not the end of the world.

Fashion's just never been a big hoopla for me at all...whenever I read a magazine I always skip over the fashion pages, simply because that stuff doesn't fascinate me.

And it shows when my family goes to the mall-I don't head for the clothing stores or the makeup area and all that. No, I head straight for the books and music sections. :).

Angela

The West Wing. I kind of liked the first season (what little I saw of it anyway), but after that every time I tried to watch it I got a migraine headache and ended up switching the channel. Everyone where I work thinks this show is the greatest thing since sliced bread and that Aaron Sorkin is a genius, but I just find the whole thing a pretentious bore.

Friends. I have never understood the appeal of this show. I don't find it even midly funny and I hate the characters.

Chick flicks. Not all of them, but most of them (and yes, I am female).

Reality TV. Why won't it just die already?

Last edited:
Most of the so-called "roots music" that has been recorded since "O Brother Where Art Thou." These artists are mostly Bandwagoners.

The New York Yankees.

The Los Angeles Dodgers (although I will go to their games occasionally because the stadium is close by).

McDonalds.

Moonlit_Angel said:
everything Moonlit_Angel said

What are you my psychic twin or something? :eek: :lol: I could have written that post...except for the bit about Harry Potter, that is. Milk + cereal = icky and LOTR just looks boring without even spending ?5 to find out that it is in fact boring. (Sorry LOTR fans.)

working
school
move: it's a wonderful life
music: talking heads, sting
communicating with people in general, im and email and written letters are ok, i just don't like the actual speaking part...
holidays
my family
green peppers
red peppers
mustard
broccoli
meat
coca cola
pepsi

Last edited:
yeah...i'll add red meat...i don't eat it
and mushrooms

:crack: *shudder* :crack:

--edit--

and every possible type of seafood :yuck:

Hamburgers and fries (and most fast food in general!)
LOTR
Ketchup
guys with long hair
Reality TV
Colin Firth
partying

I must say I am absolutely DISTRESSED at the number of people who don't like Nic Cage!!
:sad:

hehe.
Um.

*Seinfeld
*Reality tv
*chick flicks
*icecream
*friends
*that stupid easter bilby :mad:
*shakespeare
*LOTR
*ice in soft drink
*russell crowe (he's a psuedo aussie anyway :mad:)
*flying
*the simpsons

edited to add the last one

Last edited:
Yah! I thought that I was the only one. I just saw Phone Booth on Tuesday and he looks even worse then normal.

He comes across as super arrogant in interviews too.

parties, clubs, social events, etc. :no:
beer (I'll drink it if there's nothing else, but I don't like it)
the government
kissing :sad: I don't dislike it, but I'm not all :hyper: about it. Unless I'm drunk. :shifty: I used to HATE kissing until I met Sam. :heart: :eek: :reject:
The West Wing, ER, etc.
water :yuck:
Nicholas Cage
No Doubt/Gwen Stefani
sweetened tea
sports
politics :uhoh:

poor colin. he does look a little scruffy and dirty. but i will still take him. :shifty:

oh yeah i do not like Vanilla Coke. actually i have never tried it but just because it was the biggest thing down here last year i refused to try it. :down:

and kissing!? meg, yeah poor girl at least Sam knows how to kiss. it sounds like you were just kissing the wrong guys. :kiss:

sloppy kissers, those who eat your face or hit your teeth while they are kissing you, or those who make munching noises while they are kissing you can really make kissing a bad experience. haha!

did you let him know that the munching noises bothered you. ya know communication is key to a successful relationship.

Back
Top Bottom