Things I Hate - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2005, 11:02 PM   #106
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tania
I hate bands that seem to think Perth only has kangaroos and sand and rarely/never include them on the tour. Actually, I hate bands that seem to think the US and Europe are the only places to tour regularly....

Yeah, U2 I'm looking at you.

Everyone knows Perth also includes you and beli! And that fact alone should be enough to make all the bands come hustling there.

Old 08-07-2005, 11:36 PM   #107
Refugee

Local Time: 08:31 AM
I hate artists who use their looks rather then their songs to sell CDs. I hate the stupid fans who buy these CDs even more then the artists because they are morons.

Old 08-08-2005, 03:30 AM   #108
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:01 AM
Quote:
I hate bands that seem to think Perth only has kangaroos and sand and rarely/never include them on the tour. Actually, I hate bands that seem to think the US and Europe are the only places to tour regularly....

I hate those bands too.

I also hate the sub-species of those bands who DO make it to Perth but decide to fly over Adelaide on their way there. And I hate Triple J for announcing Aussie Tours but they are Bris/Syd/Melb. That's the east coast, not Australia, scum!
Old 08-08-2005, 04:00 AM   #109
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by SkeeK
Good calls on most of this stuff..

I would just like to say that Franz Ferdinand's second album will also be called Franz Ferdinand, but have a different colour scheme, and they plan to do this for every album the release, and I think that is way cool.

One of the most pretentious things a band could do. Franz Ferdinand should get their heads out of their own arse and take the silver spoon out of their mouth. Album titles are necessities, even if it is as bland as FRANZ FERDINAND 2. Just offer the people something with which to refer to the album as.

There's no excuse for not having an album title. Creating an album title is part of the creative process.

I've long been also of the opinion that any artist who self titles an LP is copping out of the creative process as well.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:05 AM   #110
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:31 AM
Quote:
I hate bands that seem to think Perth only has kangaroos and sand and rarely/never include them on the tour.

That IS all that Perth has isn't it?

Old 10-02-2005, 07:20 AM   #111
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:31 PM
Can I add to this ye olde thread that I also hate track listings on albums that don't have the track number listed next to them? I'm especially thinking of The Rolling Stones' '40 Licks' album. V.annoying.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:33 AM   #112
Refugee

Local Time: 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BluRmGrl
I hate 20 yr old pop stars who release "Greatest Hits" albums. **cough..... Britney...... cough**

Never mind that applying the adjective "great" to any of their songs is questionable, how the HELL do you qualify a Best of type of album before you're even old enough to have a celebratory adult beverage?!?!?!?
I hate 17-18 year olds who release Greatest Hits ** cough ...Hilary Duff...cough **
Old 10-02-2005, 07:40 AM   #113
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine

One of the most pretentious things a band could do. Franz Ferdinand should get their heads out of their own arse and take the silver spoon out of their mouth. Album titles are necessities, even if it is as bland as FRANZ FERDINAND 2. Just offer the people something with which to refer to the album as.

There's no excuse for not having an album title. Creating an album title is part of the creative process.

I've long been also of the opinion that any artist who self titles an LP is copping out of the creative process as well.
I disagree. It's alright to not have an album title. Metallica put out the black album, Weezer the green album, It can work. And if Franz Ferdinand uses a different color every time than that will ultimately be the name of each album. The Black album, the Red Album, the yellow album and so on. They would refer to the album by it's color. Pretty simple. Album titles are not neccesities. Actual music on the album, now that would be a necessity. I mean if U2 self titled their final album I would have no problem with that at all. Not nameing the album is like not printing the lyrics.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:58 AM   #114
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:31 PM
- I hate CD stickers that make your fingernails come off and leave sticky goo all over the case,

- I definitely hate track listings on album covers that don't have numbers next to them. Especially when your album is 18 tracks long, Moby! Oh, and hiding the track listing -inside- the booklet should be a capital offence.

- I hate hidden bonus tracks tacked on the end of listed tracks.

- I hate it when the track listing on the album doesn't match what's on CD. Say, you look at the back of the album and see the track names all listed below each other. Say you want to play the song listed fourth from the top. So you press skip button three times and logically, the fourth song listed should come up on your speakers any time soon? WRONG!! Because, for some bloody stupid reason song number two is actually tacked on at the end of the first track, which incidentally throws the rest of the sequence totally out of whack!!

- I hate the overuse of words "experimental" and "innovative" when discussing music. As well as "sell out".

- I HATE "Women in Rock" features in music magazines,

- I hate it when music writers don't get their facts right. I once read an article about Coldplay that sneeringly lumped Travis together with the bands like Keane that supposedly popped up to capitalise on Coldplay's success... erm, Coldplay were actually dubbed "The Men Who" when they first came out?

- I also hate it when, in order to praise a band to heavens, the writer feels obligated to paint the music scene that was there before the <insert name> band came up and saved rock as pitch-black dismal and horrible. Sure, it doesn't sound quite as good to say, "well actually there -was- some decent music around, too".
Old 10-02-2005, 09:16 AM   #115
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Saracene

- I definitely hate track listings on album covers that don't have numbers next to them. Especially when your album is 18 tracks long, Moby! Oh, and hiding the track listing -inside- the booklet should be a capital offence.
Now that IS annoying. Also, how bad is it when the booklet is so thick that to get it out of the case/put it back in it nearly always rips at the top edge? And how bad is it when the booklet is so thin that it flies out of the CD case each time you open it?

Quote:
- I hate hidden bonus tracks tacked on the end of listed tracks.
I don't mind that so long as it's a sensible length. However, having to wait 30 minutes for an instrumental to start is a bit much. Naming no names Mr Gallagher.

Quote:
- I hate it when music writers don't get their facts right. I once read an article about Coldplay that sneeringly lumped Travis together with the bands like Keane that supposedly popped up to capitalise on Coldplay's success... erm, Coldplay were actually dubbed "The Men Who" when they first came out?
I've just read articles on NME.com that complain about bad lyrics but the lyrics that they quote as being bad aren't even correct! Another article also gets the name of a song wrong. They're only minor, understandable errors in both cases but I expect better standards of research than that!
Old 10-02-2005, 09:18 AM   #116
War Child

- Most importantly, I hate music videos with a loathing. People think far, far too much about videos and too much time and money is spent on these useless pieces of m'art'keting.

- I hate keyboards used as a primary instrument. Sorry, its just really, really not my thing. Pianos are alright though.

- I hate the way the focus with many fans and reviewers alike is that the technicality behind a piece, or the 'originality' of it, seems to be more important to making a song that sounds good.

- I dislike any self titled album, even a basic one.

- I hate it when bands/artists rely on cover versions for a vast part of their fame and income, especially covers released as singles and, to a lesser extent, albums.

- I dislike solo artists that don't mention the others that are on the album anywhere but the back of the booklet.

- I dislike the sort of fans that 'will love anything 'their artist' does' regardless of content.

- I hate the way fans of certain bands, especially on the internet, cannot accept 'casual' fans into their midst.

- Ah yes, bonus tracks, well mentioned. Very annoying, especially when trying to make compilations, or on a 'Best Of' (what is October doing all the way back there?).

- I hate the way nearly every 'Best Of' is released with one or two new tracks to try and force more money out of the more loyal fans.

there are plently more, many of which have been covered, keep it up people.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:36 AM   #117
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by TheQuiet1
Can I add to this ye olde thread that I also hate track listings on albums that don't have the track number listed next to them? I'm especially thinking of The Rolling Stones' '40 Licks' album. V.annoying.

i hate that, too. i've taken to grabbing a pen and writing the numbers on the backs myself. looks terrible, but i'd rather not have to count everytime i want to know what track numebr 7 is.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:16 PM   #118
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by TheQuiet1

I've just read articles on NME.com that complain about bad lyrics but the lyrics that they quote as being bad aren't even correct! Another article also gets the name of a song wrong. They're only minor, understandable errors in both cases but I expect better standards of research than that!
Yeah! I read an article once where the writer wrote that three of the original band members had left the band -- and they were all still there!
Old 10-02-2005, 02:30 PM   #119
Refugee

Location: I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and butterflies in my tummy
I hate Daddy Yanqui and his "Gasolina"
Old 10-02-2005, 07:06 PM   #120
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Muggsy
I hate Daddy Yanqui and his "Gasolina"
TOTALLY AGREE think of what I have to go through at a school where EVERYONE and their mom likes reggeton