Things I Hate - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2005, 04:02 PM   #91
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 10:02 PM
LYRIC BOOKLETS! They should be so EASY, but they seem to be stuffed so often.

1. If you're going to give the lyrics for SOME songs, why not include the rest?
2. If you're going to include the lyrics, you could at least make sure they are CORRECT.
3. And please make the lyrics LEGIBLE! There is nothing more frustrating than squinting in a vain attempt to try to read tiny text that blends into its background.

Having incomplete or incorrect or illegible lyrics is almost as frustrating as having no lyrics at all.

Oh, and in a similar vein, I hate it when a band includes some thick booklet ... and you find that not a single page has lyrics! I don't care for photographs of the band members - and I care even less for photos of other random objects. By all means, include photos (RELEVANT ones!) to liven up lyrical booklets, but don't waste paper on a stack of useless photos included at the expense of lyrics.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-07-2005, 12:54 AM   #92
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:02 AM
photographs of random objects

kidding. i hate that. i hate bad artwork even more (which explains my hatred toward that giant super-deluxe crock of shit that was the book version of HTDAAB).

and when they put the lyrics in some funky "handwriting" font that's not possible to read.

Old 08-07-2005, 02:33 AM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:32 PM
No lyric sheets

I hate that the really interesting, new, innovative music can only be heard on alternative radio stations that are always strapped for cash and often on the brink of closure while money is thrown at shitty, whoringthemselvesforadverts commercial radio stations. And theyre called shite things like AOR, MOR, WANK and spreading across this country like herpes

Old 08-07-2005, 06:47 AM   #94
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo

I hate that I pronounced the H in Thom Yorke's name for about a year. Hey, how was I supposed to know? It's not like I'd ever heard anyone else say his name back then!!!
I still pronounce the 'H'. I always thought it was a longer deriavative of 'Thomas' than 'Tom'.

I think I might call him Yorkie from now on....
Old 08-07-2005, 08:08 AM   #95
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
LYRIC BOOKLETS! They should be so EASY, but they seem to be stuffed so often.

2. If you're going to include the lyrics, you could at least make sure they are CORRECT.
3. And please make the lyrics LEGIBLE! There is nothing more frustrating than squinting in a vain attempt to try to read tiny text that blends into its background.

Having incomplete or incorrect or illegible lyrics is almost as frustrating as having no lyrics at all.

Oh, and in a similar vein, I hate it when a band includes some thick booklet ... and you find that not a single page has lyrics! I don't care for photographs of the band members - and I care even less for photos of other random objects. By all means, include photos (RELEVANT ones!) to liven up lyrical booklets, but don't waste paper on a stack of useless photos included at the expense of lyrics.
Have you ever seen the lyric booklet to David Gray's White Ladder??????? THE MOST ANNOYING BOOKLET EVER It puts (and I'm honestly not making this up!) all the lyrics to the songs (there are about 11 I think) on one double page spread. But how does it manage this I hear you ask? Simple. By putting the lyrics in one continous line of smallish white text with nothing obvious to tell you where one song ends and another starts. Thus the booklet is simply some photos of Dave and a double page block of white text. Fine if you want to read the lyrics to the first song but the seventh? No chance.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:58 AM   #96
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
A. Men. Thank you . I've never quite understood why either of those things happen.

Angela
Old 08-07-2005, 04:03 PM   #97
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:02 AM
I would also like to express my hatred of gig-related injuries. It's very tiresome to wake up the morning after a gig and discover the imprint of the security barrier on your stomach. Bruises in the shape of the boots of crowdsurfers are similarly annoying.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:21 PM   #98
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees
I would also like to express my hatred of gig-related injuries. It's very tiresome to wake up the morning after a gig and discover the imprint of the security barrier on your stomach. Bruises in the shape of the boots of crowdsurfers are similarly annoying.
I read this first as "jig-related injuries". I didnt know anyone could jig that hard.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:32 PM   #99
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo

I read this first as "jig-related injuries". I didnt know anyone could jig that hard.
Do people in the US not usually use the word gig? I've just realised I don't usually see anyone using it here, it always seems to be concerts or shows instead.

*Fizz the dumb British girl.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:33 PM   #100
ONE
love, blood, life

"gig" was used alot in the 70's
Old 08-07-2005, 04:36 PM   #101
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh-kay. Thanks. So if I use the word gig here people are going to assume I'm about 40-years-old and living in the past?
Old 08-07-2005, 07:37 PM   #102
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Oh-kay. Thanks. So if I use the word gig here people are going to assume I'm about 40-years-old and living in the past?
I use gig sometimes. ....oh. wait.... I am 40 something and my favorite band is best known for their 80's work.....
Old 08-07-2005, 10:46 PM   #103
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

that baracade can screw up a good tshirt, too. i've come home with holes from sharp parts, and i've got a scar on my elbow from a show last may. it's one thing to leave with chipped teeth, black eyes, and swolen bloody noses if you went into a pit looking for that, but crowd surfers suck ass.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:54 PM   #104
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored

it's one thing to leave with chipped teeth, black eyes, and swolen bloody noses if you went into a pit looking for that, but crowd surfers suck ass.
They wouldn't be surfing for long if they were planning on me holding them up. They'd hit that floor so fast....
Old 08-07-2005, 10:57 PM   #105
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:02 PM
I hate bands that seem to think Perth only has kangaroos and sand and rarely/never include them on the tour. Actually, I hate bands that seem to think the US and Europe are the only places to tour regularly....

Yeah, U2 I'm looking at you.