Things I Hate - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2005, 11:06 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:25 AM
i hate country music

Old 08-03-2005, 11:08 PM   #47
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:25 AM
I hate that the Simpson family have jobs in the music industry.

Old 08-03-2005, 11:13 PM   #48
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:25 AM

I don't mind it so much
Old 08-03-2005, 11:15 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

i hate the music industry (for the most part)

the simpsons
Old 08-03-2005, 11:17 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13

I don't mind it so much
I like that family.

Just not the one that has Jessica and Ashlee in it.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:38 PM   #51
Jesus Online

Local Time: 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra
Christ, I must be getting mellow in my old age...I'm not real wigged out about anything listed so far, and can't really think of much to add...

I'll have to go find something that pisses me off.....
Here's one you might sympathise with, if you ever review shows, that is. Artists who exhibit work and everything is frigging 'Untitled'! Argh! I had to do a photographer earlier in the year, an Aussie guy, and writing it was nearly bloody impossible.

"Well, his pedophaelic early works, Untitled through to Untitled, with the nude adolescent boys was by no means his most confronting when compared to his Untitled series later in his career and shown later in Mr Henson's retrospective..."

But this isn't the art you are all talking about

What shits me royally, is those shop security stickers or some other such garbage stuck over track listings. Or worse is no tracklistings! Is knowing the names of the tracks too much to ask, really?
Old 08-04-2005, 12:58 AM   #52
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:25 AM
We have the double CD version of that Elvis CD, but I don't see the warning on there... (it may be the import, in which case there wouldn't be a warning I suppose)

As for removing the price tag and stickers from the actual jewel case, you can try & use scotch tape to peel it off, but I recall something about using lighter fluid. Then again, your CD and hands will stink...

I hate people with the lack of common sense, and telemarketers who continually call - even when you have caller ID, even when you have picked up on occasion and told them not to call, and even told them to fk off. And faxed junk mail (even when all your numbers are on the national 'do not call' list).
And SPAM. Spam spam spam
Old 08-04-2005, 04:49 AM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
and telemarketers who continually call - even when you have caller ID, even when you have picked up on occasion and told them not to call, and even told them to fk off.
Yep. And then the phone just keeps ringing and ringing and ringing and ringing and ringing and ringing. It's like, okay, if I didn't answer by the fifth ring, chances are, I'm not gonna pick up.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
And SPAM. Spam spam spam
Spam needs to die, along with pop-up ads.

Angela
Old 08-04-2005, 05:33 AM   #54
War Child

There is a product called Goo-Gone that you can use to remove stickers and/or their residue. However, it's made with orange oil so it leaves behind a smell and a slight oilyness. You just go over the area again with rubbing alcohol to take care of those problems. Kind of a pain in the ass, but sometimes it's the only way to finally remove the stickers. And it sure beats using lighter fluid.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:20 AM   #55
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:25 PM
Re: Re: I started typing this b4 1stepcloser's reply

Quote:
Originally posted by Popmartijn
You should talk to a fan of that band Chicago.
mofo, that's you.

Per this thread, I can't really think of anything except finding a used CD title that you've always wanted, taking it home and realising it's scratched beyond playability.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:43 AM   #56
Refugee

Local Time: 11:25 AM
I hate some of the pretentious wankers at some of the CD shops I frequent. I hate the little smirks I get when I buy a CD they don't approve of. And I'm sure my lack of tattoos and excessive piercings prove I'm a sell-out. However, I am making a hell of a lot of more money than they are and I don't live with my mommy and daddy.

I hate Clear Channel with the fiery intensity of a thousand suns.

I hate that Vital Magazine won't let me write any reviews for them yet publish the most derivative crap.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:20 AM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem

"Well, his pedophaelic early works, Untitled through to Untitled, with the nude adolescent boys was by no means his most confronting when compared to his Untitled series later in his career and shown later in Mr Henson's retrospective..."

Old 08-04-2005, 08:25 AM   #58
Blue Meth Addict

Re: Re: Re: I started typing this b4 1stepcloser's reply

Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle

mofo, that's you.

Curse you, Turtle!!!!!!!!

I hate recommending a group or song or some kind of music to a friend just to hear them poo poo it for reasons that make no sense.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:56 AM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:25 PM
When the thing that holds the CD in place breaks especially as it usually causes the little bits of plastic to somehow get under the CD and potentially scratch it to death!

And as for the whole CD falls out/CD too snug thing, I can relate to both. There have been some new CDs that I've been pulling till half of the CD is nearly at a 45 degree angle to the rest of the CD stuck in the case, AND IT STILL WON'T COME LOOSE! (Thank goodness CDs bend a little!) And trying to lift it with 1 hand on the bottom and 1 hand on the top doesn't seem to shift it either. In the end prolonged brute force usually works!

Then there's my October U2 album (yes, I DO listen to it!). The thing in the middle isn't bust, but a lot of it is compressed inwards and if pulled upwards it won't stay up (you get what I mean?) so whenever I open the case the CD usually flies outwards (and here's the worrying part...) gets caught between the 'cover' of the case and the actual case itself. Now if THAT doesn't stratch it I dunno what will!!
Old 08-04-2005, 11:31 AM   #60
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:25 AM
You know what I hate? I hate when a band gets so huge they attract an army of parasitic lawyers you say:

"You know, our band is so huge that we should threaten and intimidate all of the unofficial fan websites supporting this band. Do you realize they are stealing our bands intellectual property by posting the band's guitar tabulature and lyrics. If we don't stop them, they might find some corner of the earth where our band is unheard of and pass this work off as their own and make tons of money off of it that would otherwise be ours."

I don't really care about those cd stickers although they can be a damn nuisance.