THG - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 11-17-2003, 02:41 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 04:36 PM

Old 11-17-2003, 02:59 PM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor
Local Time: 06:36 PM
i was waiting for someone to bring this up...

as you may remember, i've always defended the likes of barry bonds when it comes to steroid use. my line was always "show me proof." just the fact that he's bigger and hits long homers was a little thin. now with this thg scandle, there still isn't proof, but there's at least reason for speculation now.

but this thing goes well beyond barry bonds & jason giambi. it looks like there are hundreds, if not thousands of professional athletes who were using the stuff. if all the names come out, this would be a scandel that would put the 1919 black sox to shame. but i seriously doubt any of the major names will ever be put to shame.

then you have major league baseball's new "steroid policy," wherein you can buy yourself out of a suspension. someone who's caught a 5th time using steroids can get out of a suspension, as well as not even have his name released to the public, for a measley $100,000. when you're making $15 million a year... what's 100g's? especially for a guy in a contract year... that extra boost from using would mean an extra 5 million or so in a new contract. losing 100gs out of that is a small price to pay for an extra 4.9 mill