They mean to win Wimbledon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since Agassi is not playing I hope this is the year for Henman.

And, as is customary, the rain also started today. :)

:up: to Navratilove, winning in the regular tournament at age 47! :eek:

From the BBC:

Martina Navratilova rolled back the years as she swept aside Catalina Castano 6-0 6-1 in just 46 minutes.

Navratilova, 47, making her first return to singles since 1994, knew too much for the Colombian opponent as she raced 5-0 ahead on a packed Court Two.

Even a rain break could not dent her concentration as she stayed in control.

:up:

damned rain.

oh and that Ivo Karlovic (guy who put out Hewitt last year) is pretty unstoppable. I was hoping Paradorn's win in Nottingham last year would give him the confidence needed for a decent run in the Championships. Oh well. Come back next year.

Last edited:
Goodbye, Goran. Tennis will never be the same without you.

Yeah, and it was his first loss on Wimbledon in five years or so. He played it only once in that time though (but the year he did he won).

:up:

Congrats to Federer for winning his second (consecutive) title. I have to say I haven't watched most of the match, but what I did see was very good. :up:

Oh, and also congrats to Sharapnova (sp?) for beating Serena Williams in the women's final. Now she definately has rid herself of all those Kournakova comparisons. :up:

damn you Maria

she's but 10 months older than me and she's already made tons of money and has adoring fans all over the world.

what do I have?

a boring CD collection, that's what!

Back
Top Bottom