there haven't been enough wilco threads lately. - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-06-2006, 03:53 PM   #121
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,414
Local Time: 03:23 PM
For those who wanted the new songs but didn't get them:

http://www.wunderkammern27.com/2006/...lco_songs.html
__________________

__________________
impy13 is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 04:00 PM   #122
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: at pavel's
Posts: 11,603
Local Time: 03:23 AM
imp13, what's your favourite among the new tunes?
__________________

__________________
U2Man is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 11:57 PM   #123
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,414
Local Time: 03:23 PM
Let's Not Get Carried Away


That scream
__________________
impy13 is offline  
Old 12-07-2006, 03:48 PM   #124
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13
Let's Not Get Carried Away


That scream
Haven't heard it yet but Tweedy's got the best scream.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 12-07-2006, 04:11 PM   #125
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 09:23 PM
I was just listening to Wilco last night. Poor Places is friggin brilliant.
__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 12-08-2006, 05:32 PM   #126
ONE
love, blood, life
 
GibsonGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 13,270
Local Time: 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by UberBeaver
I was just listening to Wilco last night. Poor Places is friggin brilliant.
Yup. I don't think there's a single bad song on YHF.
__________________
GibsonGirl is offline  
Old 12-08-2006, 06:49 PM   #127
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 08:23 PM
I'm starting to really get into Wilco.

Bob Dylan's 49th Beard
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 12-09-2006, 11:15 PM   #128
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Elvis Presley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: eachnotesecure.com
Posts: 5,058
Local Time: 10:23 PM
hey dudes
__________________
Elvis Presley is offline  
Old 12-15-2006, 04:50 PM   #129
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,414
Local Time: 03:23 PM
Well the new record is supposed to come out in January, but Tweeds has announced a small solo tour in January:

01-16 Memphis, TN - Germantown Performing Arts Center
01-17 Nashville, TN - James K. Polk Theater
01-19 Tulsa, OK - Cain's Ballroom
01-20 Dallas, TX - Granada Theater
01-21 Marfa, TX - Liberty Hall
01-23 Austin, TX - Hogg Auditorium at University of Texas
01-24 Austin, TX - Hogg Auditorium at University of Texas
01-26 New Orleans, LA - House of Blues
01-27 Birmingham, AL - Alabama Theatre
01-29 Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle
01-30 Knoxville, TN - Bijou Theatre
01-31 Charlottesville, VA - Paramount Theater

If you're close to any of those, GO! Fortunately for me, Austin is the only city that gets two nights. Also fortunate for me is the fact that the Hogg Auditorium is on campus and literally a five minute walk from my apartment, door to door.

I just bought tickets for both nights at the box office
__________________
impy13 is offline  
Old 12-15-2006, 04:51 PM   #130
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: at pavel's
Posts: 11,603
Local Time: 03:23 AM


has anyone heard the solo tweedy show thats floating around?the quality is awesome, just like the show itself
__________________
U2Man is offline  
Old 12-18-2006, 07:29 AM   #131
Refugee
 
agentorange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Poor Places
Posts: 1,431
Local Time: 02:23 AM
Tweedy is supposed to be in Memphis in three weeks, and this is the first I've heard of it. I'll have to check this out. Thanks for the heads up.
__________________
agentorange is offline  
Old 12-18-2006, 06:42 PM   #132
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BonoIsMyMuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 5,241
Local Time: 09:23 PM
I'm looking forward to checking out the Sunken Treasures DVD, but there's been a wait for it on Netflix ever since it came out. I've been in to Wilco for five or six years and finally got a chance to see them this summer. They were amazing They played three or four new songs that were all great, so I think their next album may top even YHF, which is in my top 5 favorite albums.
__________________
BonoIsMyMuse is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 12:07 PM   #133
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13
Well the new record is supposed to come out in January, but Tweeds has announced a small solo tour in January:

01-16 Memphis, TN - Germantown Performing Arts Center
01-17 Nashville, TN - James K. Polk Theater
01-19 Tulsa, OK - Cain's Ballroom
01-20 Dallas, TX - Granada Theater
01-21 Marfa, TX - Liberty Hall
01-23 Austin, TX - Hogg Auditorium at University of Texas
01-24 Austin, TX - Hogg Auditorium at University of Texas
01-26 New Orleans, LA - House of Blues
01-27 Birmingham, AL - Alabama Theatre
01-29 Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle
01-30 Knoxville, TN - Bijou Theatre
01-31 Charlottesville, VA - Paramount Theater

If you're close to any of those, GO! Fortunately for me, Austin is the only city that gets two nights. Also fortunate for me is the fact that the Hogg Auditorium is on campus and literally a five minute walk from my apartment, door to door.

I just bought tickets for both nights at the box office
I don't know how I missed this! I just got tickets to the 1/21 Marfa show...the venue holds 200 people, and I need to be in Marfa for work that weekend. I can't believe it. You should drive up from Austin! There are still tickets left for the Marfa show.

__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 01-04-2007, 12:31 PM   #134
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,667
Local Time: 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl


I don't know how I missed this! I just got tickets to the 1/21 Marfa show...the venue holds 200 people, and I need to be in Marfa for work that weekend. I can't believe it. You should drive up from Austin! There are still tickets left for the Marfa show.

Marfa, TX? What a random place for him to play...
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 01-04-2007, 02:12 PM   #135
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Marfa, TX? What a random place for him to play...
Marfa has this new gallery called Ballroom Marfa that is owned by some very well-connected and hip people from either Houston or Austin, I forget which, and have been bringing great, mostly indie, music to Marfa. People like Jenny Lewis, Joanna Newsom, Spoon. And Marfa's been in the New York Times so many times during the last year that it's become quite the destination.
__________________

__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com