there haven't been enough wilco threads lately.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They're touring Australia and they're not coming to my city??!!! The bastards!!!!1 :angry: I mean, they're going to Perth, why can't they come here????!!!!

I've been enjoying reading about Lancemc falling in love with Wilco. Reminds me so much of how they affected me when I first discovered them.

:applaud:

why is there only two dates announced for their sky blue sky tour? barcelona and manchester? they better play copenhagen...

Sunken Treasure is almost as :drool: worthy as Ashes of American Flags :drool: :drool:

Jeff Tweedy's book of poems is also pretty cool too. A few of the poems in it actually evolved into the lyrics for songs on A Ghost Is Born. I can't find my copy of it now, but I remember it's published by Zoo Press and has a close-up of a cat's face on the cover.

Lancemc said:
Sunken Treasure is soooooo gooooood. :drool:

My favorite song of theirs. Check out a Tweedy solo version. A lot different, but still :drool: worthy.

i thought lance meant the entire gig. because that one is just :drool:

actually i think i like it more than kicking television.

If so, then yes, that's amazing too.

And if perfectly captured what it was like seeing him two nights in a row last month.

you're not allowed to receive my gift, unless you write a full review as usual :grumpy:

U2Man said:
you're not allowed to receive my gift, unless you write a full review as usual :grumpy:

Perfectly fair. I'll just need a few days to fully digest the album. :drool: I'm actually listening to it right now.

U2Man said:
california stars is just brilliant :love:

It is, but Remember The Mountain Bed is the best of the Mermaid Avenue discs. I may be a bit biased since it's lyrically my favorite song ever.

in other news, it seems like the sunken treasure dvd has finally got its european release :drool:

U2Man said:
the version of california stars on sunken treasure is so beautiful :heart:

Indeed. I prefer Jeff Tweedy's live solo versions of just about all the Guthrie material. "Airline to Heaven" is also wonderful on the DVD. Best part of the DVD is that you can upload the audio onto your iTunes.

Okay, forgive me, I am new to this thread and I do not own any Wilco records or DVDs.

Please suggest my order for collecting them, so I can prepare my soul for Bonnaroo.

(last year, I finally 'got' Radiohead for the 'roo, even though their mainstage show there had lots of flaws).

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is my favorite, but really there isn't a bad one in the bunch. A.M. is a lot more twangy than their newer material (twangier?). I never got around to getting the second Mermaid Avenue album, but the first one is brilliant. I actually much prefer them live, though. I've got a bunch of their recordings. I'd suggest joining their message board Via Chicago once you check out a few albums, since you should be able to find some shows over there.

I saw them at a very small outdoor venue last summer and they were fantastic. I hope they're as good in front of a larger crowd.

Here's how I think you should go into it, album-wise:

1. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
2. Being There
3. A Ghost Is Born
4. Summerteeth
5. Kicking Television: Live in Chicago
6. AM

inmyplace13 said:
Here's how I think you should go into it, album-wise:

1. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
2. Being There
3. A Ghost Is Born
4. Summerteeth
5. Kicking Television: Live in Chicago
6. AM

:shocked:

That's exactly the order I took. The only one I don't have yet is AM.

Back
Top Bottom