there haven't been enough wilco threads lately.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
every song i'd really want to be on there, is.

even wishful thinking...

they dont play that all the time, but it's probably my favourite wilco song of all time.

New Tweedy solo dates:

NOV-12 GRANTHAM, PA BRUBAKER AUDITORIUM SEP-19
Tickets go on sale Monday, September 19 via Wilcoworld/MusicToday. There is no pre-sale as all tickets are via Wilcoworld.

NOV-13 NORTHAMPTON, MA CALVIN THEATRE tba
NOV-16 NEW YORK, NY TRIBECA PERFORMING ARTS CENTER see below
NOV-17 NEW YORK, NY TRIBECA PERFORMING ARTS CENTER see below
Tickets for the TPAC Shows are free of charge as part of the Wall Street Rising Concert Series. Tickets can be picked up beginning on Monday, October 17 at 11 a.m. at the Downtown Information Center located at 25 Broad Street (corner of Exchange Place)

NOV-22 LONDON, UK SHEPHERD'S BUSH EMPIRE

i beg your pardon?

noone?

maybe you haven't noticed, but aside from the one person who happened to start this thread, there've been more than a few others who've contributed nicely.

:up: Excellent, EP. Everytime I see your avatar it gives me a warm, happy feeling even though the picture is neither. Reminds me of something Tweedy said at a show once: "We play sad songs but we aim to make you happy." They succeed.

I saw them at ACL Sunday for the first time.

Needless to say I couldn't help but drool all over myself when they played Muzzle Of Bees and Spiders

That is terrible, terrible news.

At least we have a new Paul Wall record to keep us occupied

What a bust. I knew I was not imagining that it was supposed to come out as a dvd. But when I got the email from wilco about the live cd's, not dvd, I was shocked. I've already got several live boots from the last year, and they are great. But the show is so visual in nature that to not have a documentation of it is crushing.

This decision boggles my mind. The band knows their shows are heavily taped. Please put out some quality video, guys.

agentorange said:
But the show is so visual in nature that to not have a documentation of it is crushing.

This decision boggles my mind. The band knows their shows are heavily taped. Please put out some quality video, guys.

I couldn't agree more. Wilco are something to see. I don't think I fully appreciated their genius until I saw the current line-up live. And like you, I have a bunch of terrific bootlegs and while it'll be nice to have the quality of the official release, it was all about the video for me.

:scream:

kickingtv_350.jpg

Disc 1

1. Misunderstood
2. Company in My Back
3. The Late Greats
4. Hell is Chrome
5. Handshake Drugs
6. I Am Trying to Break Your Heart
7. Shot in the Arm
8. At Least That's What You Said
9. Wishful Thinking
10. Jesus, etc.
11. I'm the Man Who Loves You
12. Kicking Television

Disc 2

1. Via Chicago
2. Hummingbird
3. Muzzle of Bees
4. One by One
5. Airline to Heaven
6. Radio Cure
7. Ashes of American Flags
8. Heavy Metal Drummer
9. Poor Places
10. Spiders (Kidsmoke)
11. Comment

and if you go here http://wilcoworld.net/roadcase/index.php you can listen to 4 songs from it, Airline to Heaven, Company in My Back, At Least That's What You Said, and Kicking Television.

Sounds so good I'm starting to recover from the shock of not having a DVD of this tour. :drool:

I was looking forward to the DVD, but I'm sure I'll be really happy with the live cd too.

inmyplace13 said:
No Kingpin :sad:

Which is a good thing to me. :D Probably one of my least favorite Wilco songs although the sing-along is fun live (the first time). But hey we get Via Chicago, Poor Places, Wishful Thinking and the best of the Woody Guthrie songs (imo). Honestly for me it's one of the best all-around Wilco setlists imaginable. I actually can't think of one song that is missing that I'd rather hear more than anything else here. I'm not all that crazy about the title song but haven't really heard it enough to bond with it.

Jeff was quoted as saying that the DVD got shelved because he didnt think it felt right. He believes a concert is a full fan/band experience and didnt think this was shot that way in retrospect. Im dissapointed too though, Ill have to take that up with him when I catch his live show next week......:wink:

Damn...wish I had the extra cash to go down to Columbus to see him. You'll have to give us a full report!

If Jeff is right on with his feeling that the dvd was not a truly band-oriented recording, then he probably made the right decision. They are all amazing musicians, and Jeff is possibly the least animated on stage. It would be a shame for the show to be seen mostly from in front of Jeff's mic.

joyfulgirl said:
kickingtv_350.jpg

Disc 1

1. Misunderstood
2. Company in My Back
3. The Late Greats
4. Hell is Chrome
5. Handshake Drugs
6. I Am Trying to Break Your Heart
7. Shot in the Arm
8. At Least That's What You Said
9. Wishful Thinking
10. Jesus, etc.
11. I'm the Man Who Loves You
12. Kicking Television

Disc 2

1. Via Chicago
2. Hummingbird
3. Muzzle of Bees
4. One by One
5. Airline to Heaven
6. Radio Cure
7. Ashes of American Flags
8. Heavy Metal Drummer
9. Poor Places
10. Spiders (Kidsmoke)
11. Comment

I picked this up yesterday. It's damn good. This morning I was listening to it in my car on the way to work and thought that is one of the most perfect versions of "Jesus, Etc." I've ever heard. "I'm the Man Who Loves You" is probably one of the very few Wilco songs that for some reason doesn't work for me live as well as the studio version. But in general everything else sounds so much better live. I'd definitely use this to turn some people on to Wilco. (Can't say the same for the U2 DVD, my other purchase yesterday.)

joyfulgirl said:

I picked this up yesterday. It's damn good. This morning I was listening to it in my car on the way to work and thought that is one of the most perfect versions of "Jesus, Etc." I've ever heard. "I'm the Man Who Loves You" is probably one of the very few Wilco songs that for some reason doesn't work for me live as well as the studio version. But in general everything else sounds so much better live. I'd definitely use this to turn some people on to Wilco. (Can't say the same for the U2 DVD, my other purchase yesterday.)

Yeah, this CD is amazing. I was surprised by how much better the AGIB songs were live (and I liked the studio album a lot). I agree that I'm the Man Who Loves You is the only song that is definitely weaker live.

Great stuff. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom