The Wrong Day To Miss Oprah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did anyone notice fridays show??? Ushers biggest fan!!! Hmm, ponders the thought of Bono and I!

I caught the show today. Oprah is a wonderful person. I caught myself getting all misty eyed a few times. OPRAH ROCKS!

i just saw it on cnn on the little news ticker on the bottom.
i'm going to try to watch the rebroadcast later tonite. they show it here twice a day.

why can't i ever be the audience member on one of those shows.

i :heart: oprah

brand spanking new pontiac g-6's :shocked:

20040913_105_350x263.jpg

I don't get that start feature on the new cars. Does anyone really need (or want) to be able to start thier cars with a push of a button?

However, if Oprah, wants to give me a G-6, I wouldn't turn it down. Or anyone else for that matter.

ylimeU2 said:
I don't get that start feature on the new cars. Does anyone really need (or want) to be able to start thier cars with a push of a button?

i sure coulda used a push button start car when i broke my hand several years ago. it was my right hand and i couldn't drive for a while cuz i couldn't turn the keys to start it without pain! LOL : ouch :

I think I would have nightmares about something going wrong. You know, someone's else button starter (whatever those things are called) starting my car, and driving away in it. :no:

I think I'm slightly paranoid. :reject:

i don't know how it works in that car, but i know someone who has that feature as well. the car won't start unless the key is in the ignition. i don't know how the hell it works with the remote though! my mom has keyless entry on her car and she's never had any problems with that. she even works with someone with the exact same car (down to the same colour).

Mr. BAW said:
Can you imagine how much those free tickets would be on Ebay ???? :yikes:

yeah if you knew what show you were going to see. i think they keep it under wraps and not even the audience knows until the day of the taping what show they're seeing. at least i've heard that's the way it works for her 'my favorite things' and the christmas shows.

From what I read on CNN, the audience wasn't just lucky. They were picked (or at least some of them were) by the Oprah show to be there because family members and friends had written in saying how badly they needed a car/new car.

Last edited:
The automatic starter would be nice in the winter to have the car warmed up by the time you're ready to go. :)

You theoretically could get tickets to the premiere of next year's show, assuming you can get through when the phone lines open, I believe it's in July they start doing reservations for September, and they'll ask you what day you will be in Chicago - they might tell you what is the very first day available for taping if you asked.

One of my vet school classmates was in the audience, lucky duck :mad:

Edit: Ok, I just read a new note from her - the Oprah show called *her* and asked if she could come to the show, so maybe the audience was all invited rather than people calling in. She didn't know ahead of time that this was for the premiere. I wondered if she'd have to come up with the taxes for the car, like you do when you win on a game show - she said they paid the tax, title, and license fees for them!

Last edited:
Dammit! I should've been on that show!

I could really use a car now

trading sunglasses for lipstick wont help africa mr Bono

I read that Pontiac agreed to pay all the taxes. I suppose having the advertisement of their car on Oprah was a good thing. :yes:

I've also read that Pontiac also paid for the cars themselves (so not the Oprah Show). Consider it a USD 7 million commercial. :)
When you think about it, what gets more publicity: giving away some 250+ cars in an episode of Oprah, or 50 TV spots.

Not such a bad idea after all.

:)

Marty (is happy with his Seat Ibiza)

My wife works for Oprah - I should have been on that damn show...

By the way all this push button start technology comes from F1 racing. The cars they use are started with a push of the button. Then Ferrari intriduced it into their sports cars, followed by all the other high end sports car manufacturers, and since many of these high end makers are owned by bigger conglomerates, the technology, I am sure, has tricked down...

a note on the pushbutton start option. Here in the bitterly cold northeast that feature is a life saver because when it gets to 45 below zero you have to start your car and let it run for a bit every few hours so it will start in the morning. With the remote car starter you dont have to go out into the bitter cold to do it. I wish I had one on my car!

Back
Top Bottom