The world would be a better place if....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know what you mean quiet one! I see a lot of stuff like that round where i live too&it's completely disgusting :mad: :rant:

How can any normal, decent person chuck nappies out in the street? It's beyond comprehension for me! :tsk: and food cartons?!

It's great when you go places where the streets are spotless, like up in the highlands of Scotland :cute: i was there at the start of this year&i didn't see one piece of rubbish :love:

Btw, it surprises me that there are parts of N. Yorkshire like that :ohmy: i'd expect it in the more poulated parts of Yorkshire!

Last edited:
the rockin edge said:
if more people had sigs like AtomicBono

:drool:

:wink:

why thank you, I'm inclined to agree :wink:

if everyone just accepted that Pop is the greatest album ever, I think the world would be a better place, certainly. I think it's the key to world peace and ending poverty, really. :wink:

susanp6 said:

Btw, it surprises me that there are parts of N. Yorkshire like that :ohmy: i'd expect it in the more poulated parts of Yorkshire!

You know it's bad when you go to Leeds and think about how clean it looks! :wink:

In N.Yorkshire though it's either the very rural areas (because they're out of the way so to speak) or the cities like York (because of the huge numbers of tourists it gets/bigger population paying taxes) that are spotless. It tends to the market towns that are really filthy because there aren't enough people there/tons of tourists visiting to justify having street cleaners out regularly.....but there are just enough people there/tourists visiting to make a significant mess :tsk: In the end money seems to matter more than keeping the place clean* :( That said, there seems to have been lots of money injected into this area recently so hopefully things will change in time. :up:

As for my village...I guess if you have a low rent theme park in the middle of it, litter is an inevitable side effect. But still, nappies?! :barf:

LOL. I'm not doing a lot for Yorkshire tourism am I?! Things aren't too bad in most places really...but there's a definite difference between how some places look compared to others...

*Of-course if some people had some common decency and PUT THINGS IN A BIN this wouldn't be much of an issue.

elevation2u said:
:hmm: ^ While that sounds like a brilliant idea...I'm starting to wonder if it would be the same drinking experience...for example, Im such a coffee nerd...that I quite enjoy making the perfect cup...you know...putting just the right amount of cream and the perfect amount of sugar as well....:drool:

OMG...you're my coffee soulmate!!! I do the same thing. My boyfriend says my love for coffee is akin to smoker's lust. You know, it's not just about the smoking but about having something placed between your fingers.

For me, it's not just about drinking coffee :drool: but also about holding the perfect warm mug after making the perfect pot.

:drool:

TheQuiet1 said:

You know it's bad when you go to Leeds and think about how clean it looks! :wink:

that sentence looks to me like it's literally dripping in sarcasm....Leeds is very nice thank you very much!

Quiet one - well you don't have to sell Yorkshire to me 'cos i love it down there :wink: and i do know what you mean about market towns as i've been in a few in W. Yorks but driving thru' N. Yorks, it always looked clean to me but if only people thought about the appearance of places more&actually respected them :yes:

1stepcloser said:

that sentence looks to me like it's literally dripping in sarcasm....Leeds is very nice thank you very much!

Sarcasm? Moi? :ohmy: :angel:

:wink: You're right, I was only joking, Leeds is a fantastic city and I know quite a lot of people who prefer it to London by a long shot. I've never been to London ( :reject: I'm 19 and never been London! It's bad, I know!) so I couldn't comment.

^^That's nice to hear Susan! :up: I went to a market town this morning, it actually wasn't so bad- very muddy on the pavements but it's that time of year I guess. :shrug:

Last edited:
TheQuiet1 said:

I've never been to London ( :reject: I'm 19 and never been London! It's bad, I know!)

:shame: Shame on you!

well i spend half the year in Leeds and half the year in Birmingham and i can confirm Leeds is a lot prettier! London is cool though. Loads to do and see. Although a trampy student like myself could never afford to live there...:wink:

1stepcloser said:

:shame: Shame on you!

well i spend half the year in Leeds and half the year in Birmingham and i can confirm Leeds is a lot prettier! London is cool though. Loads to do and see. Although a trampy student like myself could never afford to live there...:wink:

:D I'm sure I'll manage to drag myself down to London one day...even if it's just so I can say I've been!

AtomicBono said:

why thank you, I'm inclined to agree :wink:

if everyone just accepted that Pop is the greatest album ever, I think the world would be a better place, certainly. I think it's the key to world peace and ending poverty, really. :wink:

I never really understood why people thought that Pop was a flop album.... Personally, it's one of my favourites and I don't think U2 should go back and work on it more, like they said they would because I like the songs the way they are (apart from maybe Miami) and changing them would be pointless and a waste of time. Mofo and Gone and great songs...... :D

I think the world would be a better place if.... I didn't gain weight, no matter how much I ate. DAMN DIETS.

If I started the “next great band” and utilized the fiddle and accordion like nobody before (except for Chuck Norris, of course).

Back
Top Bottom