The World Series of Pop Culture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
This show on VH1 completely pwns the World Series of Poker in terms of TV contests.

I wish I was on this show so badly. Anyone else addicted to it?

I'm watching it right now! I would KICK ASS on this show.

So far, the only thing bugging me is how big of a pause the announcer takes before saying the answer is right or wrong. Get on with it, man!

This show should be more fun and less serious. If they're going for mock serious, they're failing.

I've only missed 2 questions the entire episode.

where can I sign up???

I knew "Rainbow Connection," "Anything Goes," (God, Kate Capshaw was horrid in that movie) and the Beastie Boys, but didn't know the Cosby Show one and two of the other rap questions.

I was really proud of knowing "Anything Goes," though.

This post-round interview stuff is really stupid. I'm guessing they're mimicking the World Series of Poker show? Phhbt. Spark it up, VH-1, this is supposed to be fun, not this dull.

This setup is getting really old, where's the "Funny C-List Celebrity" or "Washed Up Television Star" that VH1 is famous for employing for their "I LOVE THE '__s" shows?

Like Michael Ian Black, Hal Sparks, or even Danny Bonaduce. :shrug:

and yeah really, I hope the questions get harder in the Quarterfinals, and the bad teams are weeded out fast.

Her attitude just screams to me either a) I'm too cool for this; b) I'm so screwed; or c) I can't believe I'm on national television in this outfit.

I think it's A and C

she's going "ohhh, I'm sooo bad, I just beat 2 guys by myself, awww, I'm the underdog, cheer for meee"

Maybe, she started to really show it in this round.

I completely blanked on the last one :huh:

I say all three of us make a team, and kick these lame people's asses.

:rockon:

I believe so.

once at 10, and then another at 1. EST of course.

I watched last week's episode last night, and taped last night's episode to watch later.

I definitely didn't do as well as I thought I would :tsk:

I didn't know as many the second night as I did the first night ... but I definitely knew "Bette Davis Eyes" and "Ebony and Ivory."

I'm sorry, but if you don't know "Bette Davis Eyes" and "Ebony and Ivory," then you have no business being on a show testing your pop culture knowledge.

:tsk:

I knew those two too. And when the Aerosmith song came up, I knew the 'penthouse pauper' line was key and I knew it, but at that moment in time, I couldn't place it. But some of the other questions :huh:

Last edited:
I caught this show for the first time last night while channel surfing. I didn't like the host and the show seemed boring, but it was fun answering a lot of the questions!! It could be a fun show if it had a bit more pizzazz to it.

Has anyone been watching the new tourney?

It's like a culturally relevant Jeopardy, I love it.

I would kick so much ass on this show. I was watching one episode the other night and was appalled at how many answers I knew that the contestants didn't.

Come on, people! Do you know your pop culture or not???

:tsk:

I only caught 1-2 rounds yesterday. And I agree that corianderstem would do great on this. Probably you as well LMP, though you may not be old enough :shrug:

I can never remember when it's on. I just flipped channels last night and saw the team of women named after a Seinfeld episode. They tanked

It's on at 11 I think.

I may be too young, but I'm sure by the end they'd respect my trivial knowledge :wink:

They're doing questions about Swayze movies, where's Dalton when you need him?

Ghost? Dirty Dancing? That's all I got :giggle:

that team I was referring to last night was something like 'they're real and they're spectacular'. They were all wearing black dresses and scarves. I couldn't remember some of the answers for the life of me, but of there was an advanced search function on my brain, then maybe. Just maybe. I don't think I would have remembered album titles, especially like Cyndi Lauper, though I was working at a record store at the time of it's original release

The only one I was unsure of was Young Blood, but Point Break was easy. :wink:

I missed the one last night. It leaves you wondering how some of these teams even made the show in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom