The World Series of Pop Culture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The round I saw was where they would name 3 songs from an album. You had to name the album, not the band. So the first one was like Sweet Child O' Mine, .... obviously Appetite For Destruction. I can't recall the rest, but I think I generally knew the artist, but couldn't necessarily come up with the album title. Maybe I'll have to see if it's on tonight, and not interfere with my Daily Show/Colbert Report scheduling, since they've been off for 2 weeks. I need my fix :drool:

It's just ending tonight. I think it's rerun during the day if you want to TiVo it/watch again.

These questions aren't rocket science.

I like watching the marathons of that show so I can quietly revel in my pop culture geekdom. I so want to be on that show, I really think I could kick butt. Splitting $250,000 three ways? How cool is that?

Found this on VH1.com. All us self-professed pop culture nerds have to sign up. It would be cool to get an Interference team on the show, maybe call it the Blue Crack Addicts or something.

CALLING ALL POP CULTURE TRIVIA FANATICS!
VH1 & ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY COULD HIT THE ROAD AGAIN SOON LOOKING FOR MORE POP CULTURE TRIVIA FANS TO BATTLE IT OUT IN THE NEXT WORLD SERIES OF POP CULTURE!

DO YOU THINK THAT YOU COULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH THE COMPETITION AND TAKE HOME THE GRAND PRIZE?

THEN GET OFF YOUR COUCH, PUT DOWN THAT REMOTE & TELL US YOU’RE INTERESTED IN AUDITIONING!

Whether teams consist of friends who gather to watch Lost every Wednesday, co-workers who spend lunch hours discussing their favorite films, or siblings who grew up addicted to sitcoms, World Series of Pop Culture hopefuls must have extensive knowledge of the films, television shows, music, and pop culture happenings of the 70s, 80’s and 90’s through today.

If you are interested in auditioning for future episodes of The World Series of Pop Culture, fill out the submission form below. A member of the Casting Department will contact you when auditions begin again for future episodes. We could be coming to a city or town near you!

Thanks, man.

The Blue Crack Addicts would own, if we win we deserve free premium memberships.

If it were filmed in L.A., I could come and root for y'all :wink:

I have a selective recall. I did fine in the Bill Murray tiebreaker tonight. And I was doing alright in James Bond, but I named a movie that wasn't on their list or was excluded (Never Say Never Again). I knew nothing about Karate Kid, never saw the movie. I think you guys would rule!
2.gif
2.gif
2.gif

I loved the tiebreaker one I saw the other night, to name people who sang on "We Are the World."

The first guy said "Bruce Springsteen," and then the next contestant said "Bono" like she was so sure of it. She was told it was incorrect, and she said "Really?" like she thought she was still right.

Ha ha haaa ... if you don't know the difference between Band-Aid and USA For Africa, honey ... no business on the show.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

corianderstem said:
I loved the tiebreaker one I saw the other night, to name people who sang on "We Are the World."

The first guy said "Bruce Springsteen," and then the next contestant said "Bono" like she was so sure of it. She was told it was incorrect, and she said "Really?" like she thought she was still right.

Ha ha haaa ... if you don't know the difference between Band-Aid and USA For Africa, honey ... no business on the show.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

I laughed so hard at that! I knew someone was going to say Bono. Her face at "Incorrect"=:ohmy:. Bono seems to be a knee-jerk reaction to anything that had to do with Africa.

Last edited:
I actually tried out for this show back in January. Our team was one of very few who made it past the written test. After that, we had an on-camera interview, which we really thought we had nailed. But we knew we still only had about a 5% chance of our team being chosen for the next level of auditions. We didn't make it and to this day still can't figure out why some of these other teams did.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions about the audition process, i'm happy to answer them.

corianderstem said:

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

I would've said Dan Aykroyd :love: :wink:

They originally wanted Eddie Murphy, but he was filming a movie or something at the time.

USA for Africa had a really eclectic group of people:

Hall AND Oates, Cyndi Lauper, Huey Lewis, Kim Carnes, Kenny Loggins, Willie Nelson, Dionne Warwick, Ray Charles in a glassbox, Bruce, Paul Simon, and of course Michael Jackson at his absolute peak.

I taped last night's finale, at least the one that aired last night. Don't know if it was originally on prior to my taping. I fell asleep watching it when it aired, but I know who the 2 final teams are. I couldn't believe that one of the team's members had never seen Dirty Dancing (that was a category). I think I did alright on the Marty quotes. But the TV show scenarios - a couple I had never heard of!

Back
Top Bottom