The Women's Hockey Team deserve their own thread!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
Congratulations CANADA!!!! for kicking some major ass tonight!!! That was one hell of a game!!!!! Woo HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Soooooooooo unbelievably proud!!

I think all women should be proud of all the players on every team at the Olympics, they are great competitors and tremendous athletes who deserve respect for their accomplishments -- another male-dominated sport that women have proven they are capable of playing

what an incredible effort. the US team played great and got A LOT of favourable calls but in the end St. Pierre wasn't going to let another one by her.

hooray for north america!

hooray for sweden!

hooray for finland as well! they were just 20 minutes away from taking canada out in the semi final
wink.gif

I must take back what I said in another thread about this.
I saw the bronze game (haven't had the time to watch the final yet) and both Sweden and FInland kicked ass in that game. It was a VERY entertaining and nerve wrecking game (for being swedish). And our ladies that haven't got a dime for their work and wasn't let to go to the olympics until just two weeks before the opening, did what the overpayed, cheered mens team didn't.
All I miss is that our goal keeper Kim Martin should have been in the world team. She took everything and was just amazing and she's only 15!!!

I think that bronze for Sweden almost was more of an effort then the gold for Canada. They came to the Olympics with 18 losses, many with two figure scores, specially against US and Canada that is outstanding so far.

Oki, enough cheering of Sweden but they really lifted the olympics for us, that this far has sucked, so I'm just very happy!
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom