The Winter Pageant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
www.thewinterpageant.com

there are a couple mp3s up there.

mellow stuff. i'm supposed to write a 1-3 sentence "review" of this cd, but i'm kind of at a loss for what to say.

musically, it's really....pretty. and peaceful (but i've been listening to hardcore most of the day and almost anything would sound peaceful right now).

there's a press release sheet that likens them to "sigur ros, yet with a 70s rock sensiblity and style" or "something like elliott smith fronting blonde redhead".

I cant get those MP3's to download. I cant figure it out, I'm an idiot.

:hmm:

just single click once with left mouse button...that seemed to work for me, i got a "save to disc? open with?" message.

strange.

yikes. that's not cool at all. are you using IE?

edit: i tried it in IE, i got the wierd beeping noise. pop-up blocker maybe? some window opened, wierd beep and it disappeared.

:scratch:

Last edited:
IE is satan.

i have no idea how to fix this problem, since i'm far more computer-retarded than you are.

speaking of computer problems? how do i tell XP that i want to see the file extentions on things?

:mad:

it doesn't seem to be the pop-up blocker is eating them....stupid micromedia flash :down:

edit: if you want, you can grab a couple songs off me on soulseek. they're in the "unsorted" folder.

Last edited:
Yeah, I dug those 2 songs. Musically, their guitarists are definitely into post rock (especially Mogwai, in my opinion). I like it though.

Not sure what I think about the singer/vocals. Not too bad, not too great. I think he may be trying the whole Sigur Ros sounding voice a little too much, but it's hard to say since it's in english.

Overall, I think with better production and studio equipment, etc, they could probably make something pretty good and enjoyable. Has it probably been done before? Sure (Hope of the States, etc). Do I care? No. Would I get it? Yes.

the vocals made me think on track 1 "wow this sucks". track 2 was an instrumental, fortunatly. so that saved the cd for me and somehow made the vocals on the other songs bearable.

Back
Top Bottom